Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What? No Colnago? Pinarello?

I said "worthy" bikes, guys, not things good to be used as gates of your garden!

Hope I haven't forgotten anything. I'll keep you updated should I have some inspiration.

·
Administrator
11,880 Posts
I think the bianchi Super Grizzly RC was my favorite made in Italy mountain bike. Classic lines, deddacci (SP?) tubing and celeste paint. I have a CX counter part to that bike but have never had the mountain bike. If I needed an italian mountain bike, other than a pegoretti I would get the bianchi. Just loved it for some reason.

·
Administrator
11,880 Posts
What? No Colnago? Pinarello?

I said "worthy" bikes, guys, not things good to be used as gates of your garden!

Hope I haven't forgotten anything. I'll keep you updated should I have some inspiration.
Ferrari bikes? they were noteworthy in their unique designs even if they were just rebranded bikes by another manufacturer whose name seems to slip my mind.

·
Administrator
11,880 Posts
Yes but try and get an NTH as the one in the pic. Dedacciai or Columbus. Dedacciai are the later ones.
What was NTH? A racing team or just a special edition model? All we got here in the states was the Reparto Corse models as the top of the line.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Strange, we had a grizzly but it was a rweally cheap Bianchi, made in Taiwan, in hi ten steel. But I know in the States the bike range was very different.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As I said elsewhere, small builders started creating good bikes around 1994-5. Before their bikes were chunky, overbuilt, and with wrong geometries (read short top tubes and ultra long chainstays). Alan? Never tried one, but apparently they were very flexy and for sure prone to breaking in the lugs area. They tended to come unglued. Not good!

Another really good builder was Grandis, but I haven't found a decent pic yet.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.