Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been posting all this stuff about the 07 Stumpy Comp just because I'm reeeally close to gettin one. Now I'm thinkin if I should throw more $ down for the Elite.

At the moment I can get a Comp for 2100 and an Elite for 2599.

Is it really worth the extra $500 for the XTR rear derailleur, XT Crank, Talas fork, ect....?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Yep. I love the TALAS, Juicy 7 brakes, and XT crankset. I originally liked it for the upgraded brakes, XTR rear derailleur, and crankset but I have grown to love the travel adjustment and feel of the fork.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I also say that the Elite is worth it, I was looking at the Comp back in February but after seeing just how much better the Elite's componentry was I plunked down my money. The TALAS is just awesome, and the XT/XTR parts are yet to give me any issues even after five months of heavy riding. One thing I did swap out was the shifter pods, I had the shop exchange the LX that came with the bike for a pair of XT units for a couple of bucks extra. The shifting feels "crisper" with the XTs and I know they will last as they have a ballbearing pivot instead of the bushings in the LX units.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Also, if you get the Elite, be sure to protect the rear chainstay pivot as the top right of the "X" in the derailleur will hit it. I used part of an old tube and zip-tied it around the pivot. Then I covered most of it with the chainstay protector. Works great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts