Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tl;dr has anybody ridden Creekside in the past few days? Is it super muddy, or worth riding on Sunday, the last open day?

I've only been to Whistler once before and never ventured past Fitz/Garbo. I'll be there again, riding 9/15-9/21. The first day 9/15 is also the last day that Creekside is open, according to this. Is it worth checking out? I won't really be warmed up so I'd probably just stick to the few blues, and I think it will be very wet from a big rain on Saturday. I also found a pic from back in July of Midgard looking like a total mud bath. I think Midgard is actually closed now, but maybe the other blues are open/ridable?

Part of me wants to see what Creekside is all about, the other part of me just wants to start settling in on Fitz/Garbo since that's where I'll be spending the rest of my week, and the more time I get on those trails, the better.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Doing a lap to check it out would be fine. If you want a mellower lap, south park to earth circus is the easiest, could do insomnia too, misfire and mid guard are bad in the wet but they're probably closed tomorrow anyway.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, Kevin. I rode Fitz side in the pouring rain and mud on Sunday. Got pretty dirty, and everyone I asked on a lift advised against going to Creekside (or even up Garbo) in that mess, so I heeded that advice. Next year!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts