Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to start a new thread so as to not get lost in the other. I just ordered some items from Universal Cycles last week. I had no problems getting through their phone system to place my order. However, I tried to call on Friday and again today, and there is no answer on either the 800 line or their other phone number. I've tried about 5 times. So I sent an email this morning, and no response yet.

I'm getting a little worried. Anyone else have problems with them in the last couple of days?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just received an automated email that my order has been shipped. So apparently something is working there. No response to my email earlier asking for an addition to my order. Oh well, maybe the customer service department has been hit by a flu bug:rolleyes:

·
Phil from San Diego
581 Posts
Their phone line is hard to get through at times... and their ads are always in black and white instead of nice full color ads...

but I've probably purchased close to $1,200 of stuff from them over the past 2-3 years and never had any issues. They continue to be my top choice internet bike store for their extensive selection of items, that I don't have to pay sales tax and can always get 10 or 15% off orders.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Second that on them being the #1 choice. I've ordered probably over $7k of bike goodies over the past 12 years! Their line is usually busy since they're so popular. Mike and the guys always go above and beyond regular standard customer service.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
If no one is answering the phone and you're sure you're calling in the right time zone then you can almost guarantee that they're swamped with phone calls. They don't outsource their phone orders to Mumbai or someplace far away, it's a bunch of guys trying hard to keep up with new orders coming in. Mike just sent me a note with my latest order confirmation that I apparently just hit 92 orders with them since they moved to Oregon from Reno, and I've always had really good service.

·
Registered
681 Posts
UC is great. I just got an order from them last Friday (I placed the order on Sunday). I shopped around and the only place that matched their price was Jensen. I threw my biz to UC as I almost always do. They are my go-to on-line supplier.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I like UC, just dont get all wiggy by calling 1/2 dozen times in one day. Thats just plain kooky. Have to say their ship times are spotty though, but like someone said, no tax and 10-15% off is the clincher

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Positive follow-up: I received a personal follow-up email today with an offer of free shipping for an additional item I had tried to add to my order previously.

I have ordered from UC in the past and have always had positive experiences. I guess I got a little worried because I never had any phone problems w them b4. It's all good now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Universal has a good selection with better than average prices, but their shipping and price matching absolutely suck. Shipping always takes a good two-three days longer than anywhere else, even when everything is in stock. I hate paying for three day shipping and not getting my order until a week+ later. Price-matching is equally lame. They always come back with a counter offer some where in the middle. If you are going to offer price matching, price match, don't haggle with me over $4.37.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.