Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Noob
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I have to say that I am in no way affiliated with Worldwide Cyclery. I am simply a customer. I have used a number of online vendors but I have to say that this may be one of the best vendors that I have used, not only in bike stuff, but period. They offer tons of information on products--like their Maxxis Tire videos--free shipping, great communication and post-sale follow-up to make sure that you're happy. Their videos and the language in their email communications is a bit goofy but in general they are doing things right and I had to give them a little praise. My other go to vendor is Jensen but I think these guys might edge them out.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I've used them on occasion and they have a good track record with myself. I usually check and see if they have what I am looking for when ordering just because of their quick shipping and delivery.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I don't want to say anything bad about Worldwide. They're actually my LBS and are nice people. I do kinda wish they had those regular 20% off coupons like they used to, but I guess the whole industry's changed in the last few years.

·
Registered
Status 140, NS Suburban
465 Posts
First, I have to say that I am in no way affiliated with Worldwide Cyclery. I am simply a customer. I have used a number of online vendors but I have to say that this may be one of the best vendors that I have used, not only in bike stuff, but period. They offer tons of information on products--like their Maxxis Tire videos--free shipping, great communication and post-sale follow-up to make sure that you're happy. Their videos and the language in their email communications is a bit goofy but in general they are doing things right and I had to give them a little praise. My other go to vendor is Jensen but I think these guys might edge them out.
agree on some points, nice product selection and cool videos

Cheers

·
MTBR Member since 2001...
331 Posts
I ordered something from them through Amazon earlier this year. After multiple shipping delays and little communication, I got a reply and credt for the entire purchase when it shipped. Thats customer service, over and beyond. I'd buy from them again.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Also a fan of WC and no affiliation. They do a lot of informative (and goofy) videos and have great customer service. A couple of weeks ago I emailed them with a question about one of their products and received an actual human response in 23 minutes. They responded to my follow up question within an hour. And this was on a Friday afternoon! The only negatives with them are that they never have anything in stock and their stated policy is that they don't discount although they do offer free shipping on all orders (no minimum). I realize that the supply chain has gone to crap and discounts are harder to come by in general, but a lot of their competitors seem to do a better job of stocking their shelves. All in all, they seem to be a company that cares about their customers and I normally give them first chance when looking for bike-related parts.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Both Worldwide Cyclery and The Lost Co. have been excellent to deal with. Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about what they do. Problem is that late last year Lost Co started charging full sales tax (state, county, city) and a month or so ago Worldwide followed suit. Their prices have never been great but the support, dependability and free shipping kept me coming back. The sales tax thing pushes it over the limit now and I've found myself having to shop elsewhere for most things 😳

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just made my first purchase from them recently and was completely satisfied. I got a bug for another set of wheels, looking for 29s with about a 30mm internal width. I like a decent engagement and I really like Industry Nine stuff.
Of course, can't find anything acceptable in stock anywhere it seems. Then I was shocked to find Industry Nine Enduro 1/1 wheels in stock at Worldwide Cyclery! Exactly what I want! After procrastinating a couple of days and finding them still in stock I ordered up. Got the wheels and a few extra items. They shipped the next day and took two days to be in my hands.

No complaints here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.