Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick search online to see if anyone had recorded such an event.

I found entries for the worlds longest bicycle wheelie (it was 11 hours on the back wheel if I remember).

But what about the manual? I think it is deserving of the history books. Has it been recorded? Obviously, for a truly epic tale, there would have to be gravity assistance to keep it going. I know of one road in my neighborhood that is just about the perfect pitch for maybe 3/4 of a mile, but that isn't going to cut it. Not even close. It has to be somewhere in the mountains.

Does anyone know what the longest continuous downhill stretch of road is in the US? Maybe we need to add another parameter to make it downhill of at least a certain pitch (whatever is calculated out to be the minimum slope to maintain speed on one wheel).

I sometimes have dreams about the endless manual. I'm not saying I can set the record or anything. I just think it would be cool to see it attempted.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check out the "Lord Voelker" bmx video. It's alot of old footage with Dave Voelker, and includes a segment of him manualling down a mountain near San Diego...at 40 mph no less.

·
Renegade of Krunk
604 Posts
Epschoenly said:
In Animal's All Day video there is a segment where some of the guys manual like the whole Brooklyn( I think) bridge, that was cool.
Damn! You beat me to it :D

It was Edwin DeLaRosa (99% sure) and that was a ridiculous manual. They were hauling some major ass in the process too. He is a beast.

·
Registered
402 Posts
E30Evolution said:
Damn! You beat me to it :D

It was Edwin DeLaRosa (99% sure) and that was a ridiculous manual. They were hauling some major ass in the process too. He is a beast.
Best part is when the camera guy gets the wobbles when they make the small shoft off to the left and about kills himself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.