Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you recall i mentioned after seeing pictures from Christoph Sauser that he was using "my" titanium Cassette when he won the MTB-worldchampionship. now i just got this nice little e-mail from Recon which confirms my thoughts:

Hi Nino,

So sorry for the delay. I will send it to you next week. Because there are so many parts have to collect.

By the way, there are some good news for you and me.

A guy called "Christoph Sauser" who is riding for Specialized won the
European MTB-Championship. And guess what:
HE IS RIDING OUR CASSETTE!!!!
HE WON THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP WITH OUR PRODUCT - !

So 1st, 3rd and 9th place of the european mtb-championship is with our
cassette:
here are some pictures:
http://foto.mtbtr.com/Epic2009/index.htm
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=416280
and on the webpage http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=416280

Best regards

Harry/RECON

next time people start guessing who was behind this Cassette-project they might have a closer look at Harrys words above- thanks ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Cool, but i've read on numerous places that they don't shift too well?

Should be interresting as Sram are about set to release there own Ti cassette soon was having a look at it last week. It's nice!

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tiffster said:
Cool, but i've read on numerous places that they don't shift too well?

Should be interresting as Sram are about set to release there own Ti cassette soon was having a look at it last week. It's nice!
they do shift well!

people that get them from me get some instructions which clearly say that they need some break-in time. the cogs have rather sharp edges from the machining which can hinder slick shifting at the beginning.you need to do about 50km to allow the chain to smoothen those edges. after that they shift great.

another issue is that most people just take off their "old" cassette and throw on the Titanium cassette without adjusting the endstops. theese cassettes might differ in outer measurements so you definitely need to control or readjust the shifting and it seems several guys think they can just swap cassettes....sometimes this just doesn't work.

·
pedal pusher
2,712 Posts
nino said:
...it seems several guys think they can just swap cassettes....sometimes this just doesn't work.
I've never ridden one of Nino's cassettes, but I definitely had this issue when I swapped my Shimano XT 11-32 for a Shimano XT 11-34 (the 34T keeps me out of the granny a little longer ;)). I figured it was as simple as putting on the new cassette and adjusting the b-stop, but it ended up shifting horribly until I readjusted the high and low stops.

·
Registered
55 Posts
sorry, but i have bad memorys on nino's titanium cassette, which i've tested with a new chain, new precision shifting adjustment and over 50km of riding...possible i had a bad one of this series...but i wasn't happy with it.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Meh!

nino said:
they do shift well!

people that get them from me get some instructions which clearly say that they need some break-in time. the cogs have rather sharp edges from the machining which can hinder slick shifting at the beginning.you need to do about 50km to allow the chain to smoothen those edges. after that they shift great.

another issue is that most people just take off their "old" cassette and throw on the Titanium cassette without adjusting the endstops. theese cassettes might differ in outer measurements so you definitely need to control or readjust the shifting and it seems several guys think they can just swap cassettes....sometimes this just doesn't work.
- Who cares about the cassette.....more importantly - HOW did Sauser win on that horribly over-weight, boat-anchor of a Specialized????? ;)

Just given ya a lil' ribbin' Nino, good on you and your partner for getting a product in the limelight.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well...

turbodog said:
Soooooooo.....

OUR = RECON?

Nino = Recon Dealer?
those who followed the titanium project a bit longer know that i was behind this project for years now. it is Recon doing the cassettes but the man starting the wole thing was me. so this cassette is "my"/our baby. there have been many doubters in here but i guess those need to re-think twice now ;)

·
pedal pusher
2,712 Posts
Nino, your cassette may be just about the only thing in that picture without huge Specialized logos all over it. If that isn't reason to buy one, I don't know what is.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.