Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Handmade in Switzerland
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is not a joke. After my first round in the parking lot with the brand new 2010 RS Revelation U-Turn 120-150, the fork stucked down to 120mm with a loud "clack". :madman:

Now I can turn the fork up to 150mm but after a small pressure to the handlebar the fork falls down to 120mm with a "clack". The problem seems to be somewhere inside the u-turn mechanism.

Fortunently the fork worked great at 120mm so I could finish my weekend ride.

Anyone else had the same experience?

Regards mat

·
Nightmare on Lyrik st. VI
818 Posts
CharacterZero said:
Better to be corrected once than a lifetime of going along looking like a dolt. :thumbsup:
That's true, except no one corrected anything. So he learned nothing. I too am not a native english speaker, and it sucks when you're talking to someone and you know that you're not speaking correctly, and still no one corrects you. After some point, when you speak/write good enough for others to understand, it's difficult to improve because there is no feedback.

With that said, the general level of writing by native english speakers on these boards is so bad, that they took you (the OP) as a native english speaker. I don't know if that is a compliment or if it's a sign of just how bad things are these days.

Don't take this a criticism to americans. Exactly the same thing applies to the people writing in my native language. And I guess this is pretty much a generalized problem.

Getting on topic. You did beat my record. I blew a new mission control (the second) after 15 minutes of trail riding.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
amrgb said:
With that said, the general level of writing by native english speakers on these boards is so bad, that they took you (the OP) as a native english speaker. I don't know if that is a compliment or if it's a sign of just how bad things are these days..
I fear that it is a sign...

OP- Bummer about the fork. RS will take care of you - they are very good at that when the occasion arises.

·
Singletrack Addict!!!
913 Posts
Was this a fork related thread?? or My English is better than yours 101? :eek:

Let us know how it turns out, I'm ordering one, but...

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,807 Posts
maettu said:
This is not a joke. After my first round in the parking lot with the brand new 2010 RS Revelation U-Turn 120-150, the fork stucked down to 120mm with a loud "clack". :madman:
I hold the world record! Zero ride time. The fork clunked after I put air in the +/- chambers then pressed down on the fork.....clunk. I sent it to PUSH for the factory tune and they took care of the U-Turn warranty. It's in transit with delivery this week. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
seems to be more of a spring pressure issue for me, the positive air moves to the negative air chamber. So the travel is the same but the relatively high negative spring pressure effectively makes it sag to 120mm or so

it sounds like a fairly simple seal issue... hopefully

1 - 20 of 219 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.