Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
401 - 420 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Specialized have released a new "speed of light" collection of bikes. This includes a Specialized S-Works Epic for the bargain price of $15,000 USD. 😂

2021 Epic Speed Of Light Olympics.jpg

The reason for mentioning that here is the framesets are labelled "Specialized", rather than "S-Works" so this appears to be the colour scheme Specialized sponsored riders will be using for their Olympic bikes. At past years Olympics they've had "Specialized" on the bikes, presumably for more brand recognition around the world.

I liked the Specialized Rio 2016 orange thermal colour changing paint more than this one (the paint changed between orange and yellow colours when exposed to heat in direct sunlight).

·
Registered
344 Posts
Specialized have released a new "speed of light" collection of bikes. This includes a Specialized S-Works Epic for the bargain price of $15,000 USD. 😂

The reason for mentioning that here is the framesets are labelled "Specialized", rather than "S-Works" so this appears to be the colour scheme Specialized sponsored riders will be using for their Olympic bikes. At past years Olympics they've had "Specialized" on the bikes, presumably for more brand recognition around the world.

I liked the Specialized Rio 2016 orange thermal colour changing paint more than this one (the paint changed between orange and yellow colours when exposed to heat in direct sunlight).
Interesting that the frameset is $7k, so somehow yet another $2k is sneaking in for I assume partially painted wheels and seatpost? Deal of the century.

Regardless, sold out of size large. So I suppose I'll have to continue clunking around on whatever fraction of the speed of light an Oiz can attain.

The S-works recons are the same price though.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I understand there's big demand for bikes at the moment, but seriously.... $15k for bike? It's still just a bike without any space technology or anything similar. Sorry but carbon was hype 20 years ago, today, it's as common as plastic for yogurt cups. For $15k you can get car with technology bikes will never see, and with about million way more complicated parts more.
But then again, if you can sell little bit of carbon and two wheels for that much, why not to put price as they did.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
well the Fraser she had on her bike for Cape Epic 2020 was a flat bar. From some angles it looks like a riser due to the upsweep where the bar transitions to the controls and grips mounting area. Maybe she did use a riser version of it but it's not listed on the Syncros site.

$15k for a bicycle.. The sort of p#ss only Dpaz can take.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Have I been living under a rock to have never heard of Chaoyang tires? I would assume they are a Chinese brand of some sort.
Yes they are and they make tyres for basically every brand except the French and Italian brands. Their tyres are quite decent and good value

·
Armature speller
Unit, Anthem, Stumpy, Secteur
4,014 Posts
Maxxis = Chengshin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep.
CST is Cheng Shin Tire.

·
Registered
29 Posts

View attachment 1939957

Looks like their actual Olympic bikes will say specialized and not sworks from pics that are showing.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #419 ·
It's all about the RAD measurement, the BMC Fourstroke joined the parade of normal-looking bikes to the podium. I like the Time ATAC Absalon pedals--long time fan of ATACs, waiting to see what SRAM does with them; I'm thinking AXS power pedals.

That Norco hand-paint job is beautiful, will there be Canadians riding it in the Olympics?

·
Registered
6,821 Posts

View attachment 1939957

The Specialized look pretty cool in person. Catharine was 1/2 tempted to switch back to a straight post just because it looks so cool.

The Norco's are also super nice up close. I don't if they did both FS and HT with that paint job, at least one of the Norco riders is probably racing a hardtail.

401 - 420 of 483 Posts