Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
381 - 400 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 ·
Found the English version, thanks, great looking bike.

Not that different significantly, geometry-wise, from the ignominious Spark RC, besides the travel and tire width.

Well, would you look at that stem and backsweep...and saddle level with bars.

I'd like to know the HTA of the Thomas Lightrider but it looks like the reach is modern-long. Looks a little more elongated through the top tube from the 2020 edition.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Found the English version, thanks, great looking bike.

Not that different significantly, geometry-wise, from the ignominious Spark RC, besides the travel and tire width.

Well, would you look at that stem and backsweep...and saddle level with bars.

I'd like to know the HTA of the Thomas Lightrider but it looks like the reach is modern-long. Looks a little more elongated through the top tube from the 2020 edition.

Are the frames any different, aside from the color difference? The red one was a brand new frame. Head angle is 69.1.

·
Formerly of Kent
12,517 Posts
That’s an optical illusion. I’m guessing it’s 3”+ saddle to bar drop on that Thomus that Fluckiger will be riding.

Here’s my bike:

Saddle and bars look level there. In reality, the end of the bar is 38” above the ground and the saddle is 40.5”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #384 ·
Are the frames any different, aside from the color difference? The red one was a brand new frame. Head angle is 69.1.
I'm seeing a slightly longer stem on his 2020. His 2021 is quoted as having a 66mm stem, so either way, nice modern setup.

I'm seeing multiple camera angles from both model years, and his saddle is level with the bars. Different strokes... both him and Nino are about 5'8", slightly below average height.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm seeing a slightly longer stem on his 2020. His 2021 is quoted as having a 66mm stem, so either way, nice modern setup.

I'm seeing multiple camera angles from both model years, and his saddle is level with the bars. Different strokes... both him and Nino are about 5'8", slightly below average height.
Looking at the seat tube/top tube junction, I think he’s sized up to a medium this year too.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
There's a bike check for Isla Short's 2021 Orbea Oiz here:

Isla Short 2021 Orbea Oiz.jpg

Isla Short was on my list of picks for a medal at the Tokyo Olympics but wasn't picked for the GB team.:(

She's 153cm tall and weighs 48kg. This is a Size small frame and unlike a lot of the other bikes featured above the issue here is getting the bars low enough! Along with being a small frame it has the 120mm rear suspension travel option, only with a 100mm travel fork to lower the front end and the bars are also flipped, so that instead of the bar having upsweep it is downsweep to drop the bar height. Even so the bars are still higher than the saddle.

Some other things are the 165mm length Shimano Deore XT crankset, instead of Shimano XTR, apparently due to component shortages and the Hunt wheels use carbon fibre spokes.

In the Bikerumor article there's a little more about the Schwalbe Dirty Dan tyres that were seen at the Les Gets World Cup. It says they are a 29x2.0" size, use the Addix Speed Grip compound and are a new tyre that Schwalbe is going to be releasing.

She has the Orbea squidlock remote lockout lever flipped upside down on the right hand side of the bar, and then the dropper post lever is on the left hand side of the bar.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Following on from the Axxios magic stickers on the Scott SRAM bikes (and also Mathias Fluckiger) this bike check on Stefan Kung's Tour de France Lapierre Aerostorm time trial bike made me laugh. Stefan Kung is Swiss Time Trial Champion (the link being the Swiss nationality as Axxios is a Swiss company that seems to sponsor Swiss riders) and he was running magic stickers on his bike, only covered with electrical tape. :)

The electrical tape is either to make them more aero or easier to remove if they're not stuck to the frame with adhesive. I'm not sure which.

Stefan Kung Lapierre Aerostorm TT Bike Axxios.jpg

·
Registered
344 Posts
Following on from the Axxios magic stickers on the Scott SRAM bikes (and also Mathias Fluckiger) this bike check on Stefan Kung's Tour de France Lapierre Aerostorm time trial bike made me laugh. Stefan Kung is Swiss Time Trial Champion (the link being the Swiss nationality as Axxios is a Swiss company that seems to sponsor Swiss riders) and he was running magic stickers on his bike, only covered with electrical tape. :)

The electrical tape is either to make them more aero or easier to remove if they're not stuck to the frame with adhesive. I'm not sure which.

View attachment 1939713
I didn't realize that TT needed magic stickers, but Wout do I know?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Isla Short was on my list of picks for a medal at the Tokyo Olympics but wasn't picked for the GB team.:(

She's 153cm tall and weighs 48kg. This is a Size small frame and unlike a lot of the other bikes featured above the issue here is getting the bars low enough! Along with being a small frame it has the 120mm rear suspension travel option, only with a 100mm travel fork to lower the front end and the bars are also flipped, so that instead of the bar having upsweep it is downsweep to drop the bar height. Even so the bars are still higher than the saddle.

Some other things are the 165mm length Shimano Deore XT crankset, instead of Shimano XTR, apparently due to component shortages and the Hunt wheels use carbon fibre spokes.
It would be very convenient if she was riding on Isla bikes as her sponsor ride :)

·
Formerly of Kent
12,517 Posts
Any -6 degree bar-stem will be a riser bar on a bike with a HTA less than 84 degrees...

381 - 400 of 483 Posts