Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Goes to 11
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years on the 5.5 followed by 2.5 years with the amazing Uzzi, I ordered the new SlopeStyle, and just got it a few days ago...

These are its first pictures, i must say that my wife made me go for the Works-Red and that I will thank her for this for a long time...

Next pictures of ths bike will show a thomson post, a rolled tube on the chainstay, lots of dirt all around and a dude (hopfully me) jumping it around smiling like a kid... but for now it is still shiny and bright :thumbsup:

thanks for an outstanding work Intense !
this frame is amazing !

Attachments

·
Ideas Above My Station...
1,506 Posts
That looks awesome. A man after my own heart. I went for Pearl White (Nigel Page) but it was a close call with the Works Red.

The SS is the best bike i've ever owned, i hope you enjoy yours as much as me. Rock on!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
That is a nice colour.

They are great bikes. I went with the raw works as paint doesn't last long with all the rocks around here. I'll throw some photo's of mine up soon when it's back from the shop. It's having a new rear wheel built and some new Enduro seals installed onto my Totem to hopefully stop the oil seals from failing on me, but my build is quite similar to yours.

·
Registered
454 Posts
TheNewOriginal: Bike looks sweet, your wife made a great choice. A perfect fit between an uzzi and a 5.5!
A fr der. makes me believe plan to use the ss for some AM, I would be curious to get your impression of the fork and more significantly how the slack front end handles outside of gravity riding.

good luck and have fun with the new rig

jon_boy said:
Yeah, what's the deal with that? For those that didn't have straight frames, how did it get fixed? New frame? Were Intense helpful with sorting that out?
there were a batch of frames that were shipped from intense which were 'outside manufacturer tolerances'. A few ss have popped up on here where the weld at the top tube rocker mounts was off center. These are isolated incidents which were resolved by intense and should not deter any prospective buyer or discourage and intense owner.

·
Goes to 11
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a former 2-step that was converted to solo-air.
One day RS might resolve their issues with the 2step on totems (they seem to solve it for the lyricks) and maybe.. maybe I will ask my LBS to install the 2step mechanism back..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.