Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the works red finish. what places can I send my frame to get powder coated that same color?

·
Ideas Above My Station...
1,506 Posts
i'm pretty sure its not a powder coat.... (Am i wrong?) its a translucent red spray coat (or 6).

Have no idea where you could get it done, i'm looking for somewhere over here (UK) to do my SS in Works Orange!!

·
Dude, got any schwag?
848 Posts
It is Powder Coat. Any outfit specializing in powder coating should oughtta have a translucent red for your frame. I had my cross frame done a few years ago by blasting & translucent powder coat, which looks like metal fleck underneath. Sweet.

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,393 Posts
Send it to the same powerdercoating shop that Intense uses. I think it is in Temecula. One of the Intense guys posted the name a while back. Do a search. It probably won't turn out the same because of how your bike has already been/powdercoated, unless you have the Works finish. But probably close enough.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Orange-Goblin said:
i'm pretty sure its not a powder coat.... (Am i wrong?) its a translucent red spray coat (or 6).

Have no idea where you could get it done, i'm looking for somewhere over here (UK) to do my SS in Works Orange!!
Try Argos Performance I believe they are called in the UK, these guys do an excellent job.:thumbsup:

·
Ideas Above My Station...
1,506 Posts
doogie said:
Try Argos Performance I believe they are called in the UK, these guys do an excellent job.:thumbsup:
Hey Doogie, yeah Argos are just up the road from me so are my first port-of-call, but not sure if they'd be able to do that kind of finish!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hopefully you have some luck Orange-Goblin, let us all know how you get on and post some pic's of your beauty when she's done. Have a great Christmas mate!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts