Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just built up, nothing but parking lot tests to set the sag. Feels like it's going to be a perfect compliment to my SS. Gonna take her out tonight and thrash her good. I can hardly remember a time that I did't have an Intense in the stable and each time I build a new one up , I'm reminded why that is.

37.8 lbs on my Ultimate Digi scale as she sits with UST DH casing tires.

Note the new Corsair pedals, very similar to pedals that I've used in the past with some promising enhancements. Grippy as hell!

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MTBAlex said:
very nice. I like.

My SS is only 1-2lbs lighter.
That's the beauty of an SS, it can handle so many different things, depending on your build. Here's mine at a hair under 34lbs. I seriously considered just building a burlier SS but I like what it does in its current state.

·
Ideas Above My Station...
1,506 Posts
Yeah, as i only have the one full susser my SS is built up fairly meaty, with Totems etc, (Weighs 36lbs) but when you can have TWO Intense's, a meaty Socom and a lighter weight SS is just about frickin' perfect. (You lucky s*d!!!)
Maybe a REALLY pimp lightweight 6.6 on top would round that stable off nicely!!!?
(Or the new tracer?)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Err said:
That's the beauty of an SS, it can handle so many different things, depending on your build. Here's mine at a hair under 34lbs. I seriously considered just building a burlier SS but I like what it does in its current state.
whats that color name?

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
correct, Iron Grey.

Upside down shock mounting lasted all of about 2 minutes, just long enough for me to take pics and realize what I had done. I never got around to taking new poser pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.