Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know it'ss been said time and t me again, but take nothing for granted, and always inspee ct your equiment. i didn't take it seriously and i ended up in the hospital. spinal cord injury thatt left me completely paralyzed. i've been in rehab sincce feb. 26 and since regained aloc of movement fortunately. even standbng at ttimes.. i m expected to make full recovery.

·
Registered
159 Posts
double_a said:
i know it'ss been said time and t me again, but take nothing for granted, and always inspee ct your equiment. i didn't take it seriously and i ended up in the hospital. spinal cord injury thatt left me completely paralyzed. i've been in rehab sincce feb. 26 and since regained aloc of movement fortunately. even standbng at ttimes.. i m expected to make full recovery.
good luck in your recovery hope you get back to 100% in no time..

myself, i always check the bikes, before i even put them in the car, cracks, leaks, etc cheap insurance..

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Get well soon.

double_a said:
Congrats on making good strides in your recovery. If you dont mind me asking, what exactly caused this accident?

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
double_a said:
Good Luck man in your recovering and rehab...totally sucks that you got hurt... Yeah it is important to check your sh!t before riding it. been lucky on a couple occasions.

God speed in Recovery!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I've had a couple close calls, broken head tube at big bear, broken head tube at coal canyon BMX track. I got lucky and wasnt severly hurt, at least not physically. :)

I've had the same set of bars on my xc/fr bike for almost two years, think I'll replace them tomorrow.

Awesome to hear you're making a full recovery, keep up the healing. Stuff like this makes me believe in a higher power.

·
Registered
110 Posts
sorry to hear that, neck injuries suck, i almost broke my neck playing basketball and was in the hospital for like a day until i got feeling back. Good luck!

·
the target bike basher
777 Posts
hope you get better, crashing, and hurting is a major biznatch. me? i wear my full face helmet, gloves, and shin pads, when im biking to school :D

·
Loves His Sunday
670 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Good Luck in your recovery man. Your definitely right about taking things for granted. I need to check my equipment much more often.
Get better soon, thanks for the reminder.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.