Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, how much clothes are you starting the race in?
-underarmor or long sleeve
-arm warmers
-full leggings
- Spechy deflect gloves
-Spechy deflect skull cap
-team kit
-maybe a vest?

I hate being cold!!!

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
Seriously... I am bring a mix of gear. Not sure what I will wear. My plan is to bring my cold gear, intermediate gear, and warm gear.

For me

Cold Gear
- Long Tights, normal chamios short under the tights, long sleeve base layer, long sleeve jersey, wind/rain shell, full finger glooves, thermal cap. Shell jacket can go on or off depending on conditions.

Intermediate
- Knee warmers, arm warmers with short sleeve or long sleeve. I can remove the warmers as needed.

Warm
- short sleeve and lycra shorts.

I will bring all the gear up and decide the morning of what a wear. I plan to use my camelbak to carry and layers I remove mid ride. I am expecting variable conditions.

·
Got a suspension fork
2,458 Posts
LOL - Like the Gimp Suit, should be fun on the long climb too.

I'll be wearing baggies, knee high wool socks, thin REI MTS base layer, jersey, and an ultra-light wind breaker shell. I can take off the shell if it's too hot with it, but I'm thinking of leaving it fully unzipped on the first 11 miles, then zipping it up on that long 260 descent, and on the long descent down to Skull Valley, then taking it off before heading back up.

Wish I had some aviator goggles!

·
Registered
295 Posts
forecast is an early morning shower and highs of 58. Given all the climbing I am going shortsleeves and baggies. Will have a light jacket in the event rain is more than the .09" predicted.

I did it two years ago in my roadie garb - froze the first ten minues and then was very comfortable. The sun in Skull Valley is was pretty intense.

Remember - you have a 1000+ foot climb off the bat - you will want to be cold when you start or else you will be sweating shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
forecast is an early morning shower and highs of 58. Given all the climbing I am going shortsleeves and baggies. Will have a light jacket in the event rain is more than the .09" predicted.

I did it two years ago in my roadie garb - froze the first ten minues and then was very comfortable. The sun in Skull Valley is was pretty intense.

Remember - you have a 1000+ foot climb off the bat - you will want to be cold when you start or else you will be sweating shortly thereafter.
More like 40s and maybe lower higher up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.