Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
That is one fine looking machine sir!!

For some reason I look at my regular mtbike with a 2.4 Purgatory on front, and get the same feeling I used to when I looked at old 26" 1.9" tires. The Fat plague.

·
Registered
833 Posts
My Kona Wo with Krampus wheels dressed for yesterday's Barry-Roubaix race.
OK, so how was the race on that? You're leaving us hanging :) I could not make it yesterday, notified Rick earlier I had a non-biking event to help put on so I neither raced or took photos this year.

·
Registered
460 Posts
He was fast, but not fast enough to stay on the wheel of the white whale!

The 24 mike race saw pretty solid roads, but I hear the 36 mile was a good deal muddier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I defected from the fat bike 36 miler to race on our 24 mile team. Overall, the bike was awesome. It transformed the Wo into an entirely different beast, just like it did for the Mukluk. Still, the huge diameter tires really put a drag on the climbs, and I did not change my gearing (32x12/36) from the winter set-up, so I was spun out at 22-23 MPH on the flats. A 'cross bike or 29er would have been a better choice for speed, but I was fun anyways.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks awesome. What hubs are you running on those wheels? I am building mine with Rabbit Hole rims and wondering what would be the correct choice of hubs that could accomodate the 12mm qr axles on the Kona? Or are there some sort of adapters so that I could use the Salsa Fat Conversion Hub set? Bit confused with all the different sizes and axle types these days.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Kinda wish I could have checked this out. I finished the 36 mile BRX on my Wo in 2:49 and have a set of Velocity Duallys laced to 616hubs coming next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts