Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Formerly of Kent
13,080 Posts
The Giant Glory DH X1 sitting in my shop weighs less than that.

And it has a dual crown fork, and 8" of travel front/rear.

Is this the end result of a ride during a freezing rain storm?

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Monte said:
Now what have you done? :confused:
Take one 35 lb LunchBox

Swap Eggbeaters for Shimano pedals
Add a coil stack to the fork
Swap air for coil shock on the rear.

That is all.

I doubt I will ever own a PBJ as this Box is already heads and shoulder above my terrain and abilities. Although I never say never....

·
Working Man's Toilet
834 Posts
WOOT
way off of topic or want one of those or waste of our time or wonderful loot...
My guess is want one of those as every time you post a bike that is whay I find myself saying.
Pics- puh-leez

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Enel said:
Take one 35 lb LunchBox

Swap Eggbeaters for Shimano pedals
Add a coil stack to the fork
Swap air for coil shock on the rear.

That is all.

I doubt I will ever own a PBJ as this Box is already heads and shoulder above my terrain and abilities. Although I never say never....
nice move enel! for real...the good news about starting with a heavy-ish bike is that adding 2 lbs is a very small (relative) percentage increase in weight as compared to adding 2 lbs to a 20 lb XC bike :)

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Looks like a Vivid rear coil, I put one on my big bike last year and the hi/lo rebound settings are very nice, allows for slower rebound at the begining of the stroke which made a noticable diff pedaling the bike.

You should pop for the caged spuds tho and set a new record, your small toes will thank you :)

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
rroeder said:
Yes FoSerious, caged spd's, not trying to be funny just what I call em.
cool...i have some rad older skewl xlnt condition Shimano 647s i may put on FoSkey (or sell to Enel :thumbsup:). but do you really think, once clipped in, that the cage has any actual support? i just dont know...i have used em before and while they help when restarting climbs when its steep, with stiff soled shoes just not sure they really no much once clipped

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Not for support, I don't really notice any diff there either, it's more for protection of the ball of your foot and small toes in tight chunky cond's or slow speed techy stuff.

·