Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the news today that I got accepted into Slippery Rock U. Does anyone know what the terrain/riding is like in that part of PA. I'm used to north eastern PA riding so I'm not sure if it will be a big change for me or not

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've ridden around Pittsburgh and north of that in Ellicottville, NY (and the rest of western NY). I hear most of PA is pretty rocky, but in both of those areas I have found nice singletrack over dirt and roots without an excessive amount of rock mixed in. I think most of the rocky rocks are toward the Appalachians "where [hiking] boots go to die".

Have fun in college buddy.

BS

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I can't wait. The only problem that I may have is I don't know what I will do with both my bikes. I have a giant faith and a kona shred (which i hope to sell and replace with a night train or a black market.) But I don't think my room mate will like it if he would walk in and see two bikes taking up his bed space :D

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
You will have a good time. You could go to the Laurel Highlands which I hear is VERY nice. Also, you could make your way out my way (State College) for some really good riding (Rothrock).

Enjoy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
be350ka said:
You will have a good time. You could go to the Laurel Highlands which I hear is VERY nice. Also, you could make your way out my way (State College) for some really good riding (Rothrock).

Enjoy.
My brother is going to college around that area. He is going to Juniata in Huntington so when I drive there to visit him i will probably bring my bike to ride some of the trails.

·
since 4/10/2009
34,591 Posts
If you're creative, you can store many bikes in small dorm rooms. A buddy of mine had 3 bikes - road, track, and mtb in his room.

I only had one bike, so I never had a problem.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nmba guy said:
definitely bring the bike when you head to juniata, not only is there great riding north of there in Rothrock, but this spring there will be the grand opening of about 30 miles of mtb specific built trail just south of there at Raystown Lake.
That sounds awesome. I took a boat cruise at that lake and the scenery is beautiful. My dad and I were talking about loading up the kayaks and taking a couple day trip and just camping on some islands in the lake with him my bro and me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.