Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, thought that I was going to do yet another ride on the rollers today, until Whyteboy calls about a nice little ride over in his 'hood! Kinda cold and snowy (yeah, whowoodathunkit:rolleyes: ), but it was great to get outside!!

Few ride shots:
-The steeds
-Nice view!
-Fresh tracks!
-Maybe 1 psi is alittle TOO low!:nono:

Attachments

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Great job getting out, Dave. How high up the road were you able to make it? I got out a little today, too. Same as you, just spun for a bit on dirt roads.

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A ways...

ignazjr How high up the road were you able to make it? .[/QUOTE said:
We made to the top of this service road, it's not the climb out of the south end, though that might be good too!:thumbsup:

Cool that you got out too! Man, I'm ready for some DIRT!!:madman:

·
2,856 Posts
daveM said:
Well, thought that I was going to do yet another ride on the rollers today, until Whyteboy calls about a nice little ride over in his 'hood! Kinda cold and snowy (yeah, whowoodathunkit:rolleyes: ), but it was great to get outside!!
Excellent Dave!!

I rode yesterday with a buddy and we got 23 miles of storm driven riding in, it was gorgeous and tons of fun. By the time we got done there was a good 6-8" of fluffy-fresh white stuff on the ground, more in some spots.

I took a bunch of pictures but my camera somersaulted into deep snow when I goofed once, the SD card seems to be fried and I can't download the shots - real bummer :cryin:

Best ride of the year so far :thumbsup:

Ed E

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
Nice way to break the cycle of jonesing! I'm hoping to do some snow riding after this weekend. Had my vasectomy done Friday afternoon. So between the snowy trails, and that, I'm in no super big hurry to hop on a bike seat just yet! I'll see how riding to work Thursday night goes. :thumbsup:

·
I think I can.
1,242 Posts
Electronic and Components

Ed,
you have as much problem with loosing, breaking and abusing electronics as I do with breaking, bending and just destroying components, I feel your pain.
PM kchri and see if he has any ideas about how to retrieve the information, the card should still be good.

·
2,856 Posts
JOEMTBR COLORADO said:
Ed,
you have as much problem with loosing, breaking and abusing electronics as I do with breaking, bending and just destroying components, I feel your pain.
PM kchri and see if he has any ideas about how to retrieve the information, the card should still be good.
Thanks, I may contact kchri.

I am not gentle on my electronics, can't blame the equipment. The camera actually miraculously recovered on its own from the last episode until I was an idiot yesterday. Powered on camera was in hand while I lifted the bike intending to jam it into a snowbank so I could take a picture. Well all that fluffy looking snow hid an ice-hard layer underneath and the bike slammed into it jarring my hands but good, well the camera went flying into deep snow. I continued using the camera (again idiot) instead of taking out the batteries and letting it rest/dry/warm.

It worked ok for a bit after I got "most" of the snow off of it but then I started getting a "card access" error and now I can't get to all the pictures on the card. I tried some demo SD (RescuePro) software to recover images but no luck so far.

Ed

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Be glad it wasn't a D80 ;). Now you see why P&S make sense on the bike or skis for that matter.

edemtbs said:
Thanks, I may contact kchri.

I am not gentle on my electronics, can't blame the equipment. The camera actually miraculously recovered on its own from the last episode until I was an idiot yesterday. Powered on camera was in hand while I lifted the bike intending to jam it into a snowbank so I could take a picture. Well all that fluffy looking snow hid an ice-hard layer underneath and the bike slammed into it jarring my hands but good, well the camera went flying into deep snow. I continued using the camera (again idiot) instead of taking out the batteries and letting it rest/dry/warm.

It worked ok for a bit after I got "most" of the snow off of it but then I started getting a "card access" error and now I can't get to all the pictures on the card. I tried some demo SD (RescuePro) software to recover images but no luck so far.

Ed

·
2,856 Posts
schnauzers said:
Be glad it wasn't a D80 ;). Now you see why P&S make sense on the bike or skis for that matter.
LOL, I was thinking the very same thing :D

I would "hope" I'd be more careful with one of those fancy setups but yeah I see the utility of the P&S cameras. And quite frankly this one has taken a beating for over a year and still works, except for this memory card thing that I'm sure I caused. I still have hope I can rescue it with a card reader and some software.

Ed

·
Inflexable...
1,901 Posts
Find someone else with who uses the same memory card and have them install the card in their camera. See if they can read it. Buy a reader if it works, otherwise you need to decide how valuable the pics are because from this point on they will cost you more money to see them...

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Ed...

Bummer about your photos. I had the same problem, and almost tried this, let me know if it works!

23 miles, dang! The four or five that we did seemed long, (especially with a *almost* flat tire:rolleyes: )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.