Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Delirium will be in my hands Saturday - first ride on Sunday!!! I know this is a bit of old news around here with new frames, but I am super stoked.

Picture taken on Larry's infamous frame rock;)!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Love the white!

I take it you will be swapping the vivid for your CCDB? What fork is going on for the maiden voyage?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Most parts are transferring over a few new tweaks.

Marz 66 RC3 Ti (old)
CCDB/Ti Spring (old)
Black I9s (old)
Big Bettys (old)
Formula Ones (old)
1x9 - E13 LG1+, race face ring, Xt cassette, SRAM chain (new)
Sram X7 shiter (old)
Sram XO rear der. (old)
KS i950 (new)
Point One Stem (old)
Raceface bars (old - but getting new ones)
Lizard Skin Moab Lock-on grips (old)
Specialized Saddle (old)
Lizard Skin Grips (old)

·
What the ----?
205 Posts
Nice one Dude! The white looks great on that frame. I may be biased because im getting
one in a couple weeks but dam that frame kicks ass. Congratulations!

·
Perpetual Hack
2,188 Posts
Should have my large white tomorrow or so the LBS says. Build at night, maiden voyage on Saturday.

Heres hoping.

michael

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I'm a bit disappointed

:D
Dom would had that thing overnighted and be riding it on saturday, well maybe even friday night with lights.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The biggest relief is knowing that the end is near;)...

This works out well for me...

Friday night is date night, so no urge to skip that (you know how that goes) or think about it sitting in box at home while I am out and about, so life is good this way;)..

It's a long weekend, so I can dial it in on Saturday with no sense of urgency...

I guess most of us are in the same boat, as far receiving frames, so there should be a plethora of Delirium builds very soon.

Jamie

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I understand date night

Dude! said:
The biggest relief is knowing that the end is near;)...

This works out well for me...

Friday night is date night, so no urge to skip that (you know how that goes) or think about it sitting in box at home while I am out and about, so life is good this way;)..

It's a long weekend, so I can dial it in on Saturday with no sense of urgency...

I guess most of us are in the same boat, as far receiving frames, so there should be a plethora of Delirium builds very soon.

Jamie
But that poor thing is going to be sitting on a cold truck or loading dock all night while your having a good time, hopefully it doesnt hold a grudge. :)

·
Perpetual Hack
2,188 Posts
Looking VERY Nice....

Well, got mine yesterday and proceded to build it last night. However i ran into a snag - Knolly sent bushings that do not fit my CCDB - I have an 07 with the spherical buhings. From what I can gather in comparison, the bushings I received are standard Fox sizing. Threw it on the scale and with a couple of temp parts my Large White came in at 36.3 lbs. So I'm thinking it will be just under 36 when finished. Pics to follow.

Now the hardest part is having it sitting here built and I can't even test ride it around the yard, and of course the old DT is now a frame and fork...so not so much luck there either. Maybe I will ghetto something to space the shock correctly on the mounting bolt. At least I can take it for a quick spin around the yard / driveway to setup the cockpit.

Looks like I gotta call Noel on Monday and now back to looking at the calendar

michael

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looks clean! Can't wait to see it tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
mykel said:
Looking VERY Nice....

Well, got mine yesterday and proceded to build it last night. However i ran into a snag - Knolly sent bushings that do not fit my CCDB - I have an 07 with the spherical buhings. From what I can gather in comparison, the bushings I received are standard Fox sizing. Threw it on the scale and with a couple of temp parts my Large White came in at 36.3 lbs. So I'm thinking it will be just under 36 when finished. Pics to follow.

Now the hardest part is having it sitting here built and I can't even test ride it around the yard, and of course the old DT is now a frame and fork...so not so much luck there either. Maybe I will ghetto something to space the shock correctly on the mounting bolt. At least I can take it for a quick spin around the yard / driveway to setup the cockpit.

Looks like I gotta call Noel on Monday and now back to looking at the calendar

michael
So the new DT requires different size shock reducers than the old DT? Mine is coming with a Vivid and I want to simply swap shocks when mine comes in.

·
Perpetual Hack
2,188 Posts
Front mount in the shock shuttle is the same as before. 0.865"
The new rear is 1.965" long. The bushing I was sent is 0.500" bushing and 0.625" spacer dia according to the micrometer. From the reading I did last night, CC does not advise shimming the spherical bushing as the torquing will cause bolt bending / failure. The bushing needs to be replaced from what I can tell. The spacers on the new Fox sized bushing (measured above ) look to be about the correct OD to match the eyelet ID. ( Eyeballing only as the spherical bushing is still in place )

Will be emailing Noel tonight and probably calling him tomorrow.

I WANT TO RIDE THIS THING - already missed out on a long planned ride at a "local" hill...

michael

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
mykel said:
Front mount in the shock shuttle is the same as before. 0.865"
The new rear is 1.965" long. The bushing I was sent is 0.500" bushing and 0.625" spacer dia according to the micrometer. From the reading I did last night, CC does not advise shimming the spherical bushing as the torquing will cause bolt bending / failure. The bushing needs to be replaced from what I can tell. The spacers on the new Fox sized bushing (measured above ) look to be about the correct OD to match the eyelet ID. ( Eyeballing only as the spherical bushing is still in place )

Will be emailing Noel tonight and probably calling him tomorrow.

I WANT TO RIDE THIS THING - already missed out on a long planned ride at a "local" hill...

michael
Man, that is such a bummer. I'd be going crazy if that happened to me. So you had this CCDB on your old DT and it didn't transfer over because the rear reducer size is now different? I want to make sure what's happening to you doesn't happen to me :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts