Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A work party is needed because there is a lot of blow-down that ruins some of the really good, flowing singletrack this trail yields up. Anyone want to help? I'm thinking hike in during the evening (post work) with a chainsaw and clear the FS roads enough for a bike and the first two miles of the trail. I'll vol. the chainsaw, fuel and bar oil. But it'd be nice to have a hand yanking stuff out of the way. Post up here or PM me if you'd be interested in helping. And yes, I'll get an OK from the good folks at the FS before taking a chainsaw in there. Who knows: if I bring this to their attention, they might even clear the trails and FS roads for us since it's with 3 miles of a main work center.

Some pics (more photos on my blog https://batcaveroad.blogspot.com/), however, there is more blow down than these few pics:

Geoff

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Basic XC trail. Not particularly long (I don't have a cyclometer, so not sure on distance) but the loop I do takes about 1.25 hours (I'm a very average rider, not fast, but not a beginner either). Usually lots of "flow"; a couple brutal uphills. Most of climbing is done at beginning of ride on a FS. There are places where you can reach 30+ mph easily on the trail. :eek:

Multi-use with hikers and horses, but I've never seen either one on the trail.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll bet the same weather event that did that also nuked the Fish Hatchery riding. My friend lives out on Adventist Circle and said that she was afraid to go to her car to go to work that morning. The red oaks seem to have borne the brunt of the damage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.