Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older mountain bike that I'm thinking of turning into a drop bar fire road bike to supplement my training. What setups have you been using with this bar on mountain bikes? Lets see some pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the same boat, so I will be watching this thread closely. Going to try running it with Tektro RL520 Brake Levers and Shimano Dura-Ace 7700 BS77 Bar End Shifters.

Really have no idea what I'm doing so it's going to be somewhat of an adventure. Currently the parts are boxed up on my bedroom floor as my primary sport's race season is eating up all of my free time at the moment.

·
I'm just messing with you
5,423 Posts
DavidR1 said:
I have an older mountain bike that I'm thinking of turning into a drop bar fire road bike to supplement my training. What setups have you been using with this bar on mountain bikes? Lets see some pics.
I've got the same thing going on here, just waiting on parts.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=582606

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
wv_bob said:
Good catch. My blogs search function must have let it slip. I could have gone through the archives I suppose, but I was in a hurry when I posted that. At that time, I couldn't find Part III and knowing me and numbers, it wouldn't have been a surprise had I not made a Part III. :p

My bad,

Sorry if that caused any grief

Note: I edited my earlier post so all the links are there now. Thanks!

·
I'm just messing with you
5,423 Posts
Obviously no problem Ted - thanks for writing it up. Without it, I'd probably mount my brake levers like on a road bike, tape the bar, then kick myself when I went for a ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.