Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I gave into temptation and did the desert sol race at bootleg sunday. Sorry, no pic's. Maybe some will come up later. I placed second in the biggener men's 30-39. Got me i nice cheapo medal. i think the course was 7-8 miles. did it in 47 mins. I min. behind first place. I met a couple of cool guys up there and the awards were a blast. props to all mountain cyclery and the keg on the back porch! Maybe the funnest part of the course was after coming off girlscout was descending the road and then a quick turn left up into the bathroom area(finishline) Big gear cranking all the way and then that sudden turn on to pavement was a bit scetchy. There were quite a few bloody legs a saw after the race but, no great injuries. Anyway's i had a blast and gave it my all out effort! Shout out to YEM !
See ya on the trails!
p.s.-James, Where's the hockey mask at?(insider joke)

·
Registered
578 Posts
E ! said:
I gave into temptation and did the desert sol race at bootleg sunday. Sorry, no pic's. Maybe some will come up later. I placed second in the biggener men's 30-39. Got me i nice cheapo medal. i think the course was 7-8 miles. did it in 47 mins. I min. behind first place. I met a couple of cool guys up there and the awards were a blast. props to all mountain cyclery and the keg on the back porch! Maybe the funnest part of the course was after coming off girlscout was descending the road and then a quick turn left up into the bathroom area(finishline) Big gear cranking all the way and then that sudden turn on to pavement was a bit scetchy. There were quite a few bloody legs a saw after the race but, no great injuries. Anyway's i had a blast and gave it my all out effort! Shout out to YEM !
See ya on the trails!
p.s.-James, Where's the hockey mask at?(insider joke)
i thought only fast tony was a sandbagger!!!!!,,,,,ha ha how was the turn out?

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Good job E! I dont really have the heart for biking competition but glad to see you did so well. I rather ride, stop and look around, ride, stop and BS, ride. But then you knew that...

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turn out was pretty large

rick watts said:
i thought only fast tony was a sandbagger!!!!!,,,,,ha ha how was the turn out?
I'm not sure exact numbers. the sport class of course had the majority of the riders. They mass started us begginers,juniors,and women categories. I'd say no more than 100 riders max.
Me, sandbag? no way, I thought my beer belly was gonna POP at anytime at the halfway point.

·
Deadhead Biker
120 Posts
Congrats!!! Racin is fun even if you dont place or finish ;) It was nice to meet ya and hope to see at future events!
Ride on
Robb

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
Hey, Good job E! That's great.

When I did my first (and only, so far) mtb race a couple of years ago I was in a quandry as to which class to enter. I'd been riding seriously for 5 years at that point so I didn't consider myself a 'beginner' eventhough I doubt I would have won that class (40-45), I decided to ride sport, mainly for the longer course (22.7 vs 13). I figured as long as I'm paying I'd get a better ride.

I got fifth place, but there was a monster hill climb after the beginner/sport split that nearly killed me. When I finally made it to the first false summit (pushing) I just had to collapse in a head of dispair and anguish like some little girl who's puppy had died. After ten minutes of self pity and a clif bar I was able to gather my wits and continue. But, man, racing hurts. I may try it again...... but then again I don't know.

Here's the profile:

Keep it up. Good on you, bro.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.