Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for something like the Willit's Scorcher, Ant Major Taylor, Surly CrossCheck, Bianchi SanJose/Pista, or some such like but designed and styled for women. i.e. colors, stepthrough frame. Baskets, Singlespeed, baloon tires, fast, lights, tassles, whitewalls, fenders, etc...

Not necessarily all of those things in one, but I can find tons of crappy "cruisers" and plenty of cool men's bikes, but nothing good, cool, solid, hipstery, AND girly.

Can anyone throw up some links?

-M

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
wolfy said:
I'm looking for something like the Willit's Scorcher, Ant Major Taylor, Surly CrossCheck, Bianchi SanJose/Pista, or some such like but designed and styled for women. i.e. colors, stepthrough frame. Baskets, Singlespeed, baloon tires, fast, lights, tassles, whitewalls, fenders, etc...

Not necessarily all of those things in one, but I can find tons of crappy "cruisers" and plenty of cool men's bikes, but nothing good, cool, solid, hipstery, AND girly.

-M
I've had my eyes looking for something like that for my gal too; she's not a rider, other than once in a while about town with me. On one of my old mtbs set up with slicks/higher bars/girly seat; I think she'd be more likely to ride around on a bike a bit more meant for town cruising. Yep, most of what's out there is crappy cheap stuff. Bianchi has some good looking stuff, though.....

http://www.bianchiusa.com/07_cross_terrain.html

She's seen a Milano, and liked the looks. Come springtime, one may just show up for her!

Cruise around E-bay, or do a custom frame job, and build it up to suit from there maybe? For a quality step through frame, that may be your best bet. I've yet to see one of those that isn't a cheapy. Or maybe find an old ladies crusier frame and refurbish/rebuild it?

·
Registered
922 Posts
I picked up this sexy little number before the holidays

It's mid 70's, Made in France, Peugeot. My arm could be twisted to part with it.

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking for an off the shelf kind of thing, so a willits is a bit over the top.

CycleManiac: want to pm me some specifics on the frame and your definition of arm twisting?

-M

·
Registered
325 Posts
All of our Scorchers are custom. Shoot us an email if you're interested.

Good luck,
steven

wolfy said:

-M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.