Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
While I'm of the opinion she's a really solid rider, my wife would like to attend a women's skill clinic or camp targeted at skill progression required for AM/XC riding. She's been riding MTB about 15 years, so we'd be looking for something beyond a beginner's level.

A google search yielded Coyote Camps and Mountain Mavens. And I'm just wondering if there's anything else available in the New England that would come with high recommendations.

I think this desire came about when she wrecked twice in Moab last fall. She feels she's just plowing the trail and getting over obstacles with speed and not necessarily technique.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
check out the Better Ride clinics. I did one at FOMBA last year and in the first ten minutes had multiple revelations! Good website.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Catamount Family Center in Williston, VT offers women's only and coed clinics taught by pros and semi-pros. No personal experience, but I hear they are good.

Also, my wife learned a fair bit on some of the local women's only group rides last summer, so check and see if such a thing exists in your locale!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts