Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run a Kenda Nevegal 2.35 & a Neomoto 2.3 on my bike. I have a Wolverine 2.2 , Nevegal, and Neomoto on my bench - the Wolverine has the most volume when compared (bead to bead measurment w/ tread pressed flat) Just thought i'd pass this info along. Also the tread compound feels softer to the touch.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
keen said:
I currently run a Kenda Nevegal 2.35 & a Neomoto 2.3 on my bike. I have a Wolverine 2.2 , Nevegal, and Neomoto on my bench - the Wolverine has the most volume when compared (bead to bead measurment w/ tread pressed flat) Just thought i'd pass this info along. Also the tread compound feels softer to the touch.
Thanks, that's useful information! I should have my Wolverine next week...

·
Registered
11,715 Posts
Holy Smokes

keen said:
The things HUGE. Interested to see whats its like up front

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I've had the 650b Wolverines front and rear on my Curtlo softail all season and they've worked very well for me. Grippy, nice cushion from the high volume casing (28-30psi rear, 25-28 front and I weigh around 150lbs) and they roll pretty well, too. I highly recommend them for the sort of varied surfaces I ride here in Michigan--sand, hardpack, lots of roots and logs and small rocks. I like to ride fast through twisty stuff and the Wolverine up front's been a lot more predictable and tenacious than I expected. It corners well laid way over, and breaks loose predictably. I had reservations about running this tire up front but it's been great.

That said, they have that "lotsa small knobbies," sort of grip where it's more the multiple edges than aggressive lugs that provide traction, so if you' frequently ride in very wet or loose conditions they may leave you feeling a bit undergunned.

I actually wrote WTB and thanked them for producing these tires, which isn't something I often do...

Recent action shot from the Vasa singletrack in Traverse City:

·
Registered
961 Posts
3 Thumbs UP...................................

Entrenador said:
My 2.35 Nev is starting to lose its bite, so I'm interested to hear from y'all about how it works up front as well.
....................for the Wolverine, I've been running one on and off since March in all types of terrain here in the 4 Corners, mostly as a front tire. It hooks up well and the tread is very durable,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,trail tested in Sedona, Flagstaff, NM, Black Canyon Trail North of PHX, Durango, Cortez and Utah, to name a few places. IMO, it's a great front tire and a decent rear tire:thumbsup:

·
bump and grind
707 Posts
Trail tested the wolverine on the rear of my Wanga 650b during a 40mile ride last weekend. Its very supple and grippy. It just blows the Quasi moto it replaced out of the water. Its also huge. I had to move the sliding dropouts all the way back to get some decent tire to stay clearance. Its taller than the Neo Moto which is supposed to be 2.35. But the Neo is still a tad wider at the knobs.

All in all, a great 650 addition. However, for those with minimal clearance, make sure you stay away from sticky mud.

·
I4NI
1,222 Posts
reformed roadie said:
Huh? I think you are thinking of the WeirWolf.
AFAIK, the wolverine hasn't changed...of course I could be wrong.

aWOOOOO! yOURE RIGHT!;)

·
NedwannaB
12,775 Posts
He's possibly.....

reformed roadie said:
Huh? I think you are thinking of the WeirWolf.
AFAIK, the wolverine hasn't changed...of course I could be wrong.
.....correct! :rolleyes: They have the new TCS version Wolverine out now, maybe that's the old/new changed part?? :skep: :confused:

JMAc

·
NedwannaB
12,775 Posts
PM sent.

88 rex said:
For you guys who like the WTB, I've got 2 on the shelf still......brand new that could use a new home. For a small fee of course...:)
Details on small fee please. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts