Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
SingleTrackHound said:
08 Wolfridge med frame with seat post collar weighs exactly 7.16lbs on the digital scale for those interested in knowing.

08 Mountain Vision (also RZ and EP) med frame with seat post collar weighs 7.04lbs.
Thanks for weighing both frames!!

Its interesting to note that other than the geometry differences, ISCG tabs and a bit of reinforcement in the headtube both frames are similar in weight.

Since the weight difference is neglible I would have preferred that Marin use the Wolfridge frame for the Mount Vision and only change the geometry between the two.

Actually I'm not sure if the Wolfridge has ISCG mounts. Marin's UK site indicates that only the Attack Trail has ISCG mounts.

·
on my 3rd wind...
1,827 Posts
08 WR don't have ISCG mount. Don't know about 09 though.

I just got done building WR today. It weighs 30-30.5lbs on the bathroom scale. Most reviews I read said stock WR weighs 33-34lbs. Not sure why mine is so much lighter. Beside the weight saving from Easton Havoc wheel, I am not sure where all the weight saving is coming from.

·
on my 3rd wind...
1,827 Posts
My WR is 2008 and 100% anodized. Maybe some don't.

With Marin's Quad-link axle path- rearward then rotating around the bb- it may be difficult to measure the actual travel length. AFAIK, it's 5.5". Question is how do you quantify rear travel. Is it perpendicular vertical distance or length of the Quad-link axle path?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Marin Wolf Ridge

Hello anybody here can help me where to buy marin wolf ridge frame... Even it is 2nd hand its ok... I want to change my mountain bike frame, that why i'm finding a Marin Wolf Ridge Frame.. Thank You:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
SingleTrackHound said:
08 Wolfridge med frame with seat post collar weighs exactly 7.16lbs on the digital scale for those interested in knowing.

08 Mountain Vision (also RZ and EP) med frame with seat post collar weighs 7.04lbs.
Somebody here can help me where to buy Marin Wolf Ridge 2008 Frame only.. Thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.