Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great day at WM today!

A little breezy, but nothing too deterring.

Started out scouting one of the proposed lines...;)

Then the XC portion:ihih:

I said XC right...

It's a bird, itsa plane..nah, it's Crux!:D

·
Is the bike OK?
983 Posts
Nice day

Thanks for letting us join the ride today! I wasn't really planning on taking many pics today but ended up getting some good ones:

At this point I think Kristin's thinking "WTF did I get myself into :eek: ":
Helmet Social group Recreation Mountaineer Adventure

Me & Kristin:
Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Sports equipment Bicycle helmet Helmet

Dragon's Back:
Bicycle wheel Mountainous landforms Bicycle Bicycle frame Recreation

Crux & MTB123 on the ice:
Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle

Crash on the roller (2nd time's a charm :D ):
Clothing Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel

Hmmmm, where did MTB123 go?
Helmet Bicycle clothing Bicycle helmet Adventure Outdoor recreation

Crux, cropped from video. I just noticed he did the jump with the seat up. No plans for kids Crux:confused:
Clothing Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle Recreation

Kristin towards the end of the loop:
Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Me at Los Ojos, Marg. & Green-Chili-Cheese Fries :D
Cuisine Tableware Food Meal Dish

Kristin warming up by the fire:
Cap Jacket Gas Iron Heat

·
Stucco Bucket
1,920 Posts
There was a sheriff making a group of bikers clean up their bike tracks on a section of closed boundry near the road, they didnt look happy. The cop was sitting and watching as they took branches and brushed the bike tracks.
Scared to go off trail now

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the_owl said:
There was a sheriff making a group of bikers clean up their bike tracks on a section of closed boundry near the road, they didnt look happy. The cop was sitting and watching as they took branches and brushed the bike tracks.
Scared to go off trail now
Actually, I parked where I should not have parked, and we explained that we did so for fear of our bikes being stolen. John and I have a good working relationship and we OFFERED to remove the tire tracks as not to lead people back there until we get approval. No harm was done and it had absolutely nothing to do with riding "off trail". Get the facts before you speak...K?

·
Stucco Bucket
1,920 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Actually, I parked where I should not have parked, and we explained that we did so for fear of our bikes being stolen. John and I have a good working relationship and we OFFERED to remove the tire tracks as not to lead people back there until we get approval. No harm was done and it had absolutely nothing to do with riding "off trail". Get the facts before you speak...K?
So that was you? sorry about the "facts", K? just commenting on what I saw in 20 seconds passing by.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the_owl said:
So that was you? sorry about the "facts", K? just commenting on what I saw in 20 seconds passing by.
You were accusatory. You made no effort to find out any the facts before you made those accusations.

Those were not the facts. They were assumptions based on a preconceived notion.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
PM sent

the_owl said:
ok. This is how it begins.
Sorry you got ruffled.
Do you need another apology?
If so Ill kindly share one and the rest of my opinion.
A
Never mind. I reread your post and I don't see that you were accusing anyone. If anything you may have been just pointing out that you were afraid to go off trail.

I apologize.

·
Is the bike OK?
983 Posts
Sweet!

delnorte said:
New Specialized Enduro Neal? How's it ride?
Amazing TJ :D ! It descends like a downhill bike but the carbon frame climbs like nothing. My only complaint is that the Eskar tires felt like they were rolling off on jumps, just not enough side wall.

Tony Farrar at Bike-n-Sport helped us get sponsored by Specialized for 2010 from our 2009 DH race results. I got this and Kristin got a Safire carbon and we're hoping to upgrade mine an Ben's DH bikes in the spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.