Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another in the list of course/race records for Alaska's fast winter. Josh Chelf just knocked 2+ hours off the White Mountains 100 mile course record with a ridiculous 7:53!!
A hell of an effort! Keep it in context though - the race course is extremely fast this year. Temps and trail conditions cooperating. Lots of folks breaking previous record. Tyson and Ben finishing 18 and 20 mins behind Josh.

·
is buachail foighneach me
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A hell of an effort! Keep it in context though - the race course is extremely fast this year. Temps and trail conditions cooperating. Lots of folks breaking previous record. Tyson and Ben finishing 18 and 20 mins behind Josh.
I tried to keep it in context with the first sentence. Course conditions have obviously been the main reason records in the Su100, ITI and WM100 got crushed like they did. Course conditions or not though, 7:53 for 100 miles on a fatbike, with some extra clothing packed on the bike, is incredibly fast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried to keep it in context with the first sentence. Course conditions have obviously been the main reason records in the Su100, ITI and WM100 got crushed like they did. Course conditions or not though, 7:53 for 100 miles on a fatbike, with some extra clothing packed on the bike, is incredibly fast.
Totally agreed - that is a fast time for a hundo without snow! Wasn't trying to take away from his win.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The trails here rock hard, and very, very fast, but that doesn't take away from the fantastic race those guys had. I think this was Tyson's, who came in second, first winter ultra.

Also super impressive - Elliot Wilson finished the race in 18.6 hours on a unicycle (!!!!).

Recreation Winter Helmet Bicycle helmet Outdoor recreation

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel Spoke Bicycle

(images taken off white mountains 100 facebook and Kevin B's facebook pages, hope I don't go to hell for that :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.