Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't ridden in over a month now, thanks to a move back to CONUS from Europe. My goods are hung up in the traceless wasteland of government contract movers. My bikes and household goods may even be in a Turkish pawn shop by now. I wonder if they know how to handle fork rebuilds over there? What will become of my Dropkick Murphys CDs? I really hope for their sake that my junk isnt all wrecked when it arrives...
So here I sit, north of LA, in the "high desert" with great (albeit hot) conditions, and no scoots to explore the desert, or head to Mammoth or Big Bear with. Life sucks sometimes.
Bartender, another Heineken...

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Well, it sounds like you have it worse than I do! I can still ride, albeit just road riding. My mtb is down for repairs, and I should get my frame back in a week or so. For the time being a very generous friend of mine is letting me borrow his litespeed classic to commute to work on and I've been going on lunctime group road rides with my co-workers. I hope all that road riding is going to make a difference in my mtbing. I am afraid though, that I've forgotten how to ride on a trail!

Where in the High Desert are you? North of LA makes me think Palmdale area?

BM

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I don't know the area... I've only been out there a couple of times, most recently for the Edward's air show, and was to Mojave for the first launch of Space Ship 1 into sub-orbital space. Driving to and from there made me think that there has to be a lot of trails to be explored, but most of them are probably moto and jeep trails. It'd take some exploring to find good mtb-able trails to link up into a fun loop. I wouldn't want to go alone though, as desolate as that area is, the bird's would have picked your bones clean before anyone would find you!

BM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.