Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Might be in Philly on the 5rd or 6th. Thinking I might hit the trails on the early morning of the 6th. Think they would be frozen enough to ride?

(Coming up from South Carolina).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As of now, the forecast from tomorrow through the 5th says daytime temps high 40s-60 and above freezing at night. With those temps, it definitely won't be frozen, but might be just dry depending on how much precipitation we get in that time.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
As of now, the forecast from tomorrow through the 5th says daytime temps high 40s-60 and above freezing at night. With those temps, it definitely won't be frozen, but might be just dry depending on how much precipitation we get in that time.
Gotcha. Will play it by ear. I used to ride in the winter at the crack of dawn when everything was frozen pretty solid. If temps are in the 60's that won't be good.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Man, it looks like this week is a bust. Going to leave the bike at home. ):

·
Registered
236 Posts
Rode the Wiss last Sunday (Feb 9th) and it was in pretty good shape. I imagine after the recent rain and cold the trails will be in another freeze/thaw cycle with peanut buttery conditions.

·
West Chester, PA
4,930 Posts
Unfortunately the park is too mobbed right now to enjoy mountain biking. I suspect King Wolfie will come out of his hole any minute now to declare that all parks in the state are off limits.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been getting out at 6:30-7AM and it has not been pretty good for the first 1.5 hours or so. Did you try today? Seems like we got a decent amount of rain overnight. I am wondering how the trails conditions are.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Honestly, they probably should close it down, especially with NJ closing their parks, which means even more people streaming here. It's too crowded.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Rode the Roxborough side yesterday (5/5) and trail conditions were very good and fast. In terms of trail users, I came across very few riders and hikers. Avoided parking at NW Ave by riding a variety of roads and Green Ribbon Trail from Ambler.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rode the Roxborough side yesterday (5/5) and trail conditions were very good and fast. In terms of trail users, I came across very few riders and hikers. Avoided parking at NW Ave by riding a variety of roads and Green Ribbon Trail from Ambler.
what time of day?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this for real? Are you one of those people yelling at me because Im not wearing a mask?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Left home at 11, got back around 3. I would say I was on the single track between 12:15-ish and 1:30-ish.
Its for real and no yelling, trigger49. Honestly, I was shocked at how few were out on the trails.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts