Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Began doing some maintenance on my '04 Black Plantinums. When I took the lowers off, they fell apart at the top of the reverse arch like a wishbone. What kind of experiences have other riders had with Manitou warranties? Have you delt directly with Manitou or were you forced to go through a LBS? Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
That's great news. They treated me like crap when I called and told them about a problem I had with my Manitou Six fork that came stock on my Marin Nail Trail. They were total jerks to me on the phone. Really soured me on Manitou in a big way.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MMcG said:
That's great news. They treated me like crap when I called and told them about a problem I had with my Manitou Six fork that came stock on my Marin Nail Trail. They were total jerks to me on the phone. Really soured me on Manitou in a big way.
All it takes is one bad experience. Unfortunately, every retailer ends up on occasion hiring a bad seed. Fortunately, they usually don't last long. Unfortunately again, they can last long enough to do irrepairable damge to a customers perception of them. I had two good experiences today with two different bike part companys'. Manitou and then Hayes. I called Hayesup to request the reach adjustment replacement bushings with the NyLoc for the niner. They will be in the mail tomorrow.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have had two forks warrantied by Manitou, with no problems whatsoever.

Of course, I went through my LBS, which can help a great deal when it comes to a warranty claim. They normally have a rep they deal with on a regular basis who is financially interested in keeping them happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.