Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish They'd Asked Me Several Years Ago... I said the same thing about fork offset that they are "re-discovering" now. At the same time, I'm not convinced that anyone "forgot" about this factor of geometry and handling. It's just a bottom-line approach to "simplicity" within the industry by the manufacturers.

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
Ya, but is anyone concerned about "slow speed" handling nowdays anyway?

The message I get when I visit my LBS is "Go Fast" and "More Travel"!

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is anyone concerned about it? Apparently someone with more industry finance and more industry experience than you. That's where it's coming from.

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sparrow said:
Apply this to any steering geometry, cures all steering evils, slow speed, DH speeds, and all that middle ground.
Seems like your reading comprehension is letting you down there, Sparrow. They're not seeking a damper to slow the steering.

·
HIKE!
1,657 Posts
And you don't comprehend...

..what a Hopey does for a bike's steering, head angle, offset and trail being what they are. Doesn't slow your steering, controls it. So, for instance, super low trail bikes can be "fast", "nimble", "twitchy", yes even "flickable" and truly "stable" and "controlable" all at the same time. You should try one, it's actually available, unlike increased offset suspension forks.

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is Your Major Malfunction?

sparrow said:
You should try one, it's actually available, unlike increased offset suspension forks.
I don't need one. I don't need a change in the offset of my fork for any of the frames I ride. Since KB is a bike hero with Santa Cruz roots, I brought this to light for the board, not for some birdman stalker. When you visit CA, stop in at our shop and we'll show you around the local trails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.