Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to start downhill racing, and i just wanted to know if a khs dh50 would be a wise choice. i am 18 and i dont have much money, so i need a "cheap" frame, and i am 6'3" 155lbs... i dont know if that helps, but i guess it wont hurt to put out there. anyway, thanks.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
carolinarider said:
i am going to start downhill racing, and i just wanted to know if a khs dh50 would be a wise choice. i am 18 and i dont have much money, so i need a "cheap" frame, and i am 6'3" 155lbs... i dont know if that helps, but i guess it wont hurt to put out there. anyway, thanks.
Thats prety cheap!
How much can you spend on a frame?
What experiance do you have?

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
I've seen people racing on the kona stinkys, kinda weird but its probably going to be a better ride than the DH50 ( just guessing, I know my friend had a lot of trouble with his)

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
carolinarider said:
i really like the ellsworth. i see a lot of older overweight people ride them at the local trails. is it more for "bigger" people? and is that a good price?
thanx slim i almost fit that :D. If you mean "bigger" big/heavy/large then no. It is a xcelent frame for all type of riding. There are alot of suggestions of buying a used bike that is very wise if you dont have parts to swap. If you are just getting into DH/FR & dont have a bike then i highly agree with the suggestion of buying used :cool:.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Dh50

I'll tell you what.I got a DH50 frame with a Jr.T fork.It is more or less like new.I would love to sell it to you.But I wouldn't because I think it would be too small.And I want too much.I will build it back up for shuttel or chair lift ridin'.I'm 5'8" and although I got no standover room,the "cockpit" is a bit tight.I built this bike just to see what a 7' travel,40+ pound bike was like.Really unreal downhill.A pain in the ass going uphill.For a bargin entry level DH bike it would be hard to beat.But if it dosen't fit,it's worthless.If I were you and you want to expirement on the cheap,look at a used size med Iron Horse from ebay.Or a maybe a Diamondback.All I'm saying is you don't need to spend 3K+ to find out you don't want to race DH.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts