Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
=========
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is a shot from last year's ride.....and yes that's a beer in Andy's water bottle cage

Time - Sunday, March 27 · 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Location - Kohler Andrae State Park (Near Sheboygan)

Come and ride the ribbon of sand along the shores of Lake Michigan on your fat-bikes. The ride is an out and back, so the group can stretch out with the more motivated going farther and the less riled up about mileage can enjoy a scenic cruise.

Probably meet up for a post ride brat and beer just outside the park....

·
=========
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't worry about not knowing anybody......you'll get to meet some new riding buds along the way.....the cool thing about beach riding is that you can ride 2 or 3 abreast, so it's conducive to chatting....plus, there'll be plenty of spots to stop and play on logs, rocks, etc.

I know a sure-fire, easy way to make friend(s) on this ride......hand out cans of beer at the turn around point!

More pictures from a year ago...

·
=========
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
schmenzer said:
I'm in! Where you meeting at the park?

Meet at the main beach parking area closest to the beach-house concession.

g

·
CAMBA Creature.
222 Posts
Looks like FUN. It'll be my first fat bike beach ride. (go easy on me) :)
About how many miles y'all ride?
I'll try hard to make it.
Gotta represent the Mukluk.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Oh Kraig it won't be that bad LOL!!!!!! Just bring some brews the more you drink the faster you will go or the faster you'll think you be going LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

·
CAMBA Creature.
222 Posts
justin51 said:
Oh Kraig it won't be that bad LOL!!!!!! Just bring some brews the more you drink the faster you will go or the faster you'll think you be going LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
You mean I have to start drinking?
This IS going to be an interesting day. :)

·
=========
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sunny & Cold.....just like last year!

Celebrate! Spring!

g

·
=========
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I always play some angry dance music for my bike before a beach ride.

and then give it a good cleaning after, to get the sand out of it's crack(s)

The good thing about this time of year is that there'll be less nasty smelling algae and plant flotsam to get all wrapped around every spoke. Get ready to ride on long stretches of zebra mussel shells!

I think the bikes will all be fine. The questions that I had when I first started beach riding were in the arena of how to keep my feet warm and dry. I wore waterproof hiking boots, much like I do for snow riding and it worked out fine. But I still think and extra pair of socks in your pack would be a good idea, just in case....along with an emergency can of beer.

·
Registered
261 Posts
~gomez~ said:
I always play some angry dance music for my bike before a beach ride.

and then give it a good cleaning after, to get the sand out of it's crack(s)

The good thing about this time of year is that there'll be less nasty smelling algae and plant flotsam to get all wrapped around every spoke. Get ready to ride on long stretches of zebra mussel shells!

I think the bikes will all be fine. The questions that I had when I first started beach riding were in the arena of how to keep my feet warm and dry. I wore waterproof hiking boots, much like I do for snow riding and it worked out fine. But I still think and extra pair of socks in your pack would be a good idea, just in case....along with an emergency can of beer.
I never thought of that I might have to go by a descent pair of hiking boots. Oh and I will probably have a few emergency can's of beer stuffed in my back pack I would hate to run out.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well from the looks of it I might be the youngest there at 27 and the worst thing is you guys will probably blow my doors off LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
=========
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
If we should have a rare encounter with a giant man-eating zebra mussel, one of us should chuck an emergency can of beer at it (marinade) while the rest of us start a fire to cook the beastie.

Early spring rides always make for a fairly easy pace. This is an out and back ride, so the kids with better legs just go out a bit further and catch up on the way back. My plan is to ride south on the way out for an hour and a half and then hook a Uey and head back north for an hour and a half all semper fortuitus style.....always casual :smilewinkgrin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts