Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.................sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I walk through my garage before entering the blistering cold and snow of winer to go to work, my mojo and I make eye contact and start weeping in sorrow. It is quite a sad occasion. I wish I could tap my heals three times and say, "there is no place like summer on my mojo". Sorry, somewhat of a lame rant, have to stress my displeasure.

·
Ride More Work Less
372 Posts
I feel your pain. My Mojo is on the workstand right next to my truck in the garage so I can see it each morning before I leave for work and it's the first thing I see when I get home at night.

·
DWlink Fanboy
201 Posts
riding and riding - you can't go wrong

time to take up snowboarding (or skiing)...

I just finished excellent 14 mile ride through the woods near my house. Last good ride for the year for certain, as we're going to get dumped with snow tomorrow. And Friday. The conditions will suck for bike riding. But they will rock for snowboarding. Ride and ride - it's the way to go in the winter.

Albert

·
aka übermensch
309 Posts
Move somewhere where it doesn't snow. It's December and I'm still riding in baggy shorts and a jersey. :D Of course, I also don't have the terrain and awesome mountain views that some people have in the summer. :( So I guess it's a trade off.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
albertclew said:
time to take up snowboarding (or skiing)...

I just finished excellent 14 mile ride through the woods near my house. Last good ride for the year for certain, as we're going to get dumped with snow tomorrow. And Friday. The conditions will suck for bike riding. But they will rock for snowboarding. Ride and ride - it's the way to go in the winter.

Albert
i was thinking about snow boarding. Nowhere really to go locally that is close.I normally work out with some iron in the gym, but I still catch myself staring out the window when I am there

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
It was 60+ and sunny today in bootleg canyon. But I did ride my mojo today and haven't been on it since saturday. Big bikes are fun and to be able ride my dh bike in december is just not normal - but it sure is fun.

I can feel the depression of winter through jan and feb until we can regularly get back to moab until the summer gets going again.

·
It's the axle
1,765 Posts
It was damp and 44 degrees on my ride today. But it felt great. Slightly sunny. Then fogged in on the way home.

Fenders and a clean chain before every ride.

That business of having a job has to stop. It's way easier when you can pick just the right moment to go on a ride.

·
holding back the darkness
1,734 Posts
On the front range of Colorado we've got year-round riding within striking distance of world-class skiing. Can even pull off a bike-n-board in the same day. Actually, the main problem we run into is it getting too warm and the trails melting and getting a little sloppy. But that usually only lasts a couple days.
Here's another thread with some pics from our increasingly-annual Christmas Eve ride, the Grinch Grinder for those interested: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=5195915&page=2
Can't let the winter get you down. Get out there and ride. Even if it's only an hour before your toes freeze.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.