Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Very nice and singular build, what the weight on this spot?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wow

Nice bike and very intersting how your obviously weight concious. How did you come to pick the Avy? I'm with you, no way should you compromise performance on your damper or your brakes for that matter. Performance is the most important parameter. I'm sure you'll be looking for a ti-spring.

Get a few miles in and give a review.

Nice stuff ;)

·
bike weenie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not as light as it was before with thomson stuff and the dhx air... at one point I had the bike around 28lbs - now, 29.5lbs.

Unfortunately this is mud season (not to mention fighting off bronchitis), so tough to get in any good test rides other than riding over curbs in the neighborhood. Am dying to get out. I think that partially drives the winter UGI.

One thing seems strange though - avy rebound seems slow even wide open... maybe just "parking lot" sensation though. Got me thinking though, since I specified fast when I ordered.

BTW - ordered the different colored hope bits from monkamoo on e-bay... if anyone is looking to change any color anything on their hopes, he seems to be a pretty reliable US dealer.

·
bike weenie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh - on the ti spring...

would certainly look good with the other stuff, but not so concerned now that the black spring is available. Doesn't save much weight on the 500lb by 2.25"... maybe next summer though if they become available again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts