Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I think of all the snow were getting on the front range

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
still snowing, still sucking

rroeder said:
Here's what I think of all the snow were getting on the front range
Great snow sculpture. I bet you wish you didn't have that much snow to work with.

I once worked a winter in Steamboat Springs. It snowed a lot. I expected it, it was a ski town! Looking outside my window here in Denver, it's 10 degrees and still snowing. The piles of plowed snow are everywhere and now they have a fresh coat. Last winter we all rode the lower elevation local trails at least once a week, maybe twice if the temps permitted, mostly no snow to worry about. I never rode the trainer. Now, it's the trainer three times a week. I'm not complaining, I'm just...wishing it would stop snowing and the trails would dry out so I can get in a few rides before Moab in late March!

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't do it, just thought I would pass on the pic, I could easily build a friggin igloo if I wanted, and it's cold enough too!!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
We are getting freezing rain now in upstate NY. I'd take the snow hands down .....

Then again, maybe not THAT much snow.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm counting 6ft of snow so far for us in the Springs, we usually get 40-50" in an entire season, we usually get hammered in the spring with big dumps too so I wouldn't be surprised if we get 100"+ this winter. Wish I had a Pugsley!

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
That's some funny shiz.. Just to ease your pain, I'll keep postin ride pics.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
That makes me enjoy Boise that much more! (not to rub anything in).

That's an excellent snow sculpture!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
But in Maine

Oh man, this is so unusual here --- NO SNOW since last winter. I mean NONE and usually we have at least a couple of feet starting in December and crusty snowbanks until April. Zilla is most likely benefiting from El Nino too. The ground wasn't even frozen thoughout December. I built a special "beach" bike to ride on snowmobile trails and it hasn't been used yet! This must be what winter is like in Virginia :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Ha...Funny pic, rroeder! You could always move. We ride all year round in Arizona. I'm sure el Ching's area is the same. I'm going to have to visit up there after viewing all his ride pics.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
haha, i've lived in the burbbs of denver for the past 4 years. this is the most snow we've seen yet. Completely different then every other year. Feel like i'm back in pa, and they're getting 60 degree days f**kers!

The snowboarding has been good tho

·
FleshwoundGravityResearch
1,285 Posts
We typically ride year-round here in CO also. Like RR says, this is not the norm. The most we are typically off the bike is a couple of days.

We are now going on 4 days of highs less than 15 degrees F, and I got another 4-6 inches of snow today. My street looks like a 4WD trail with ice making 6-8 inch muffler killing obstacles. I just wish I had a freaken mountain and ski lift in my backyard to take advantage of this crap.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
now that's what i call art! :D
i guess you'll be snowshoeing for a while still! :)

no snow in AZ, but it's been cold...the last two days of riding have been the coldest yet...it was 45oF yesterday and i froze my butt off! today it was 53oF and sunny...not bad while riding...but then when i got out of the car at home...and i was all sweaty...i got slammed by the cold! i took the hotest shower possible...have been walking around in fleece from head to toe...and i just can't get warm! :rolleyes:

man, AZ has made me SOFT! :rolleyes::madman:

but it was worth it...both rides were great...i love gigi! :D:thumbsup::D and at least i still get to ride! :D

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Blasphemy!! Winter rocks!!.................if you have a Pugsley to ride :) :) :)

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
larry @mtnhighcyclery.com

Attachments

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
Nice Rroeder.....

No time for me to ride a Pugs. I'm spending all my time sliding down the white stuff up in the hills. Funny though, I went up to the mountains this weekend and it was 20 degrees WARMER than the front range.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
Ventanarama said:
Blasphemy!! Winter rocks!!.................if you have a Pugsley to ride :) :) :)
ugh Larry, you're such a show-off! :rolleyes:
nice pics :thumbsup:...esp the last one...purdy...:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts