Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
9,695 Posts
still snowing, still sucking

rroeder said:
Here's what I think of all the snow were getting on the front range
Great snow sculpture. I bet you wish you didn't have that much snow to work with.

I once worked a winter in Steamboat Springs. It snowed a lot. I expected it, it was a ski town! Looking outside my window here in Denver, it's 10 degrees and still snowing. The piles of plowed snow are everywhere and now they have a fresh coat. Last winter we all rode the lower elevation local trails at least once a week, maybe twice if the temps permitted, mostly no snow to worry about. I never rode the trainer. Now, it's the trainer three times a week. I'm not complaining, I'm just...wishing it would stop snowing and the trails would dry out so I can get in a few rides before Moab in late March!

· I don't do PC
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm counting 6ft of snow so far for us in the Springs, we usually get 40-50" in an entire season, we usually get hammered in the spring with big dumps too so I wouldn't be surprised if we get 100"+ this winter. Wish I had a Pugsley!

· Registered
1,231 Posts
But in Maine

Oh man, this is so unusual here --- NO SNOW since last winter. I mean NONE and usually we have at least a couple of feet starting in December and crusty snowbanks until April. Zilla is most likely benefiting from El Nino too. The ground wasn't even frozen thoughout December. I built a special "beach" bike to ride on snowmobile trails and it hasn't been used yet! This must be what winter is like in Virginia :thumbsup:

Attachments

· eci
2,705 Posts
haha, i've lived in the burbbs of denver for the past 4 years. this is the most snow we've seen yet. Completely different then every other year. Feel like i'm back in pa, and they're getting 60 degree days f**kers!

The snowboarding has been good tho

· FleshwoundGravityResearch
1,284 Posts
We typically ride year-round here in CO also. Like RR says, this is not the norm. The most we are typically off the bike is a couple of days.

We are now going on 4 days of highs less than 15 degrees F, and I got another 4-6 inches of snow today. My street looks like a 4WD trail with ice making 6-8 inch muffler killing obstacles. I just wish I had a freaken mountain and ski lift in my backyard to take advantage of this crap.

· involuntary dismounter
2,376 Posts
now that's what i call art! :D
i guess you'll be snowshoeing for a while still! :)

no snow in AZ, but it's been cold...the last two days of riding have been the coldest yet...it was 45oF yesterday and i froze my butt off! today it was 53oF and sunny...not bad while riding...but then when i got out of the car at home...and i was all sweaty...i got slammed by the cold! i took the hotest shower possible...have been walking around in fleece from head to toe...and i just can't get warm! :rolleyes:

man, AZ has made me SOFT! :rolleyes::madman:

but it was worth it...both rides were great...i love gigi! :D:thumbsup::D and at least i still get to ride! :D

· Feeding your addiction
2,645 Posts
Blasphemy!! Winter rocks!!.................if you have a Pugsley to ride :) :) :)

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
larry @mtnhighcyclery.com

Attachments

· involuntary dismounter
2,376 Posts
Ventanarama said:
Blasphemy!! Winter rocks!!.................if you have a Pugsley to ride :) :) :)
ugh Larry, you're such a show-off! :rolleyes:
nice pics :thumbsup:...esp the last one...purdy...:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.