Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot my second video today at Aliso Woods in SoCal (61F). I followed my friend Joe down Rock-It on his new Kona.

Follow this LINK. Feedback is always appreciated.

I hope you enjoy it.

Improvements over last video:

Far less wind noise; fewer washed out light areas; bigger image size; more uptilt on the camera.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PCinSC said:
Looks like fun. Camara angle/image size was perfect.

At around 2:00, is that a long stretch of sand...or rocks (or both)? It sure looked bumpy.
Thanks. I guess you'd call that bumpy section a sandstone rockgarden. Its a little sandy at the edges, otherwise its all rock ridges that tend to parallel the tires or deep ruts cut run across the face. Very fun.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Nice man, thanks for posting!
Whats your camera set-up? I recently sold my samsung helmet cam and am doing my homework on a replacement. The quality on yours is great- of course that crazy SUN thing you have must help. Rainy overcast days and dark forest cover make video tough up here.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice!

Very nice. The camera work was quite well done. The rider ahead was always in view but you did a good job of keeping the camera from jostling around much at all. Most videos have a distracting element that yours was missing.

Also, the music was different, but it definitely worked. I liked the "rain stick" effect. Very good pacing between the two riders. And it was cool to see your shadow there at the end.

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
nicely done dude! :thumbsup: looks like some fun ST! i'm sure the folks in Colorado are loving this...or alternatively...want to kick your a$$...jealous b!tches!!! :D:D

one thing though...you're KILLING me with the mac format!:rolleyes::madman:

:)

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
geezz, dH, you have unquestionably become the queen of the Turner forum!
(with Fosqueezle and his queer-eye pack a possible runner-up)
You're here...always!
Isn't it bedtime over there in zonie-land! :p

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
xjbebop said:
geezz, dH, you have unquestionably become the queen of the Turner forum!
(with Fosqueezle and his queer-eye pack a possible runner-up)
You're here...always!
Isn't it bedtime over there in zonie-land! :p
i was working on a presentation...and i don't want to dream about the development of segmentation...:rolleyes:

so i need a distraction...but i just read a story about a dude who lost his spleen over on the 'rider down' forum...that was a bad idea! :madman: need...to...erase...from...memory...:madman:

please don't compare me to forshiznit! :nono:

and you may refer to me as YOUR HIGHNESS from now on! :D

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
dHarriet said:
please don't compare me to forshiznit! :nono:

(sorry, but his bike is prettier than your 'gigi'...)

and you may refer to me as YOUR HIGHNESS from now on! :D
we're not worthy...we're not worthy...:cornut:

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
xjbebop said:
(sorry, but his bike is prettier than your 'gigi'...)
:eek::eekster: dude...you totally crossed the line with that one! say what you want about me...but leave gigi out of it :nono: ...she may not be blingy...but gigi's HAWT!!! :D

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
I like it, great flow.

Did you know the guy who rode in front? I liked the way you had a solo start, then caught the second rider and kept him in view for the rest of the ride.

What compression settings are you using? Did you do the edit on a Mac?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Clyde S Dale said:
I shot my second video today at Aliso Woods in SoCal (61F). I followed my friend Joe down Rock-It on his new Kona.

Follow this LINK. Feedback is always appreciated.

I hope you enjoy it.

Improvements over last video:

Far less wind noise; fewer washed out light areas; bigger image size; more uptilt on the camera.
Awesome! You are sure inspiring me to try and get my camera hooked up. Do you find that watching the video improves your riding? Maybe looking at it second hand gives you a different perspective? Great job.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FM said:
Nice man, thanks for posting!
Whats your camera set-up? I recently sold my samsung helmet cam and am doing my homework on a replacement. The quality on yours is great- of course that crazy SUN thing you have must help. Rainy overcast days and dark forest cover make video tough up here.
Glad you liked the video. I'm using a Viosport Adventure Cam 3. The day it arrived I tried it at night in the garage and riding around the street in the dark. I was impressed with its low light ability. The image was a little noisy, but generally good. So much sun here in SoCal is actually a problem. I shot the last video with a 50% netral density filter (allows 50% of the light to pass). In the PNW you'd probably use no filter (clear glass) or an 80% filter on brighter days.

Video recorder and battery pack fit snugly in a an extra LowePro case I had. I stuff that into the main compartment of a CamelBak.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bob the Wheelbuilder said:
I like it, great flow.

Did you know the guy who rode in front? I liked the way you had a solo start, then caught the second rider and kept him in view for the rest of the ride.
He's a friend of mine. He's only been riding 3 months. I have a feeling I'm going to spend a lot of time following him.

Bob the Wheelbuilder said:
What compression settings are you using? Did you do the edit on a Mac?
I did the editing on a dual core AMD PC I built up a few months ago. I've tried codecs from GoMotion, Main Concept, and for this video, Sony. As for settings (not sure if this what you're asking; I'm new to all this) its QVGA quality (320x240), 29.9fps. Audio is 128kbps, 48k Hz, AAC; video is 768kbps. So far I like this balance between quality and file size.

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
dHarriet said:
:eek::eekster: dude...you totally crossed the line with that one! say what you want about me...but leave gigi out of it :nono: ...she may not be blingy...but gigi's HAWT!!! :D
...I didn't say that the shizzle-pack rides better, just that it's prettier. I too love the low-bling "more-go-than-show" aspect of my flux. Although, I suspect that the Fo-mobile rides pretty sweet -going down-.
Besides, we needed to test your loyalty to Gigi. We know you've been lusting for a new RFX... :D

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
very nice video..i like the music too..and the trail looks perfect for a Spot.......I think people would fall asleep watching some of our rocky north east trails on video with an average speed of 4mph!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.