Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
turtles make me hot
11,574 Posts
Two weeks ago, my buddy and I went on a night ride on a Tuesday. It was a freakish 60 degrees. The ride was the best ever. When I woke up the next morning, it was 39 degrees and today it's 27. The cold doesn't curtail my riding, but it sure was nice getting that last warm ride in.
I'll be in Florida in a couple weeks and it's 35 down there. I can't win. Bringin' my winter gear.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Man...I love that area, but have never had the good fortune to ride there only hike around and camp a bit. There is a pull-off along the Sunrise highway called Kwaiimai I think, where the old road used to go along the cliff and also a launch pad for hang gliders. What a vista looking down into the Anza. Thanks for sharing the pics and vids, always wondered what it would be like to ride there.

·
Keep The Rubber Side Down
1,685 Posts
I'm with you, mikeyonthemadone...

mikeyonthemadone said:
If I may be so kind as to say YOU SUCK!!

Mikey

Idaho-wet and cold.
Seattle got it's first temps in the 50s in weeks. It's snowed, or rained, or both for weeks. My shorts are only seen when I'm on the trainer or spin class.

·
Ride,Smile, Pedal Damn it
552 Posts
Its 29F and windy here in Montgomery, MD. Good news its warming up to high 30 on Sat. I'll be riding anyway. I hope. Wet/frozen leaves over rocks, mud is alot of fun. Its funny how much it sucks when you get started and how quickly it becomes a blast. At least i can still get out and ride.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Balmy 15˚ here this morning in Chattanooga, TN (with a nice cool breeze too)...

This just isn't fair. Our lows are around 15˚ - 20˚ below average for this time of year right now. Still haven't gotten motivated to break the trainer out, that usually doesn't happen until the middle of January.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Jerk! That's not winter! Haha.

Those are awesome pictures, looks like a great place to ride.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I hate anyone who lives in a place that it is above 40 right now. It is only just the start of winter and already it is down to single digits and never above freezing here in Chicago. I am getting the hell out of the Midwest as soon as possible :madman:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.