Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my ski pass gathers dust... I thought I would pass on a great winter mtn bike ride that some cool folks from Chama turned me onto the other day... Near Ghost Ranch there is a killer technical single track (Rim Vista Trail) that climbs along the escarpment to a splendid view of the valley and Abique Lake. The Rim Vista trail is very similar to the riding found in Fruita. The ascent takes you to the top of the mesa where you link up w the Colorado Divide Trail (rolling double track) and ride out to another overlook. We turned around and descended back down the singletrack to the car... its [email protected] There are other trails in the area that we bypassed due to north face snows.. Enjoy and keep your eyes out for the Chama Guidebook coming out soon from Josh

·
I ride with tools
1,376 Posts
Cool...

Is this the trail that starts off of road 151, across the highway from Ghost Ranch? How many miles of singletrack is there. I hiked thiat trail years ago but can't remember how long it was.

·
crap magnet
572 Posts
wilderness area, I think

Isn't Rim Vista part of Rio Chama Wilderness?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cdaddy said:
Isn't Rim Vista part of Rio Chama Wilderness?
To answer both questions.... Yeah, the trailhead is right accross the road from Ghost Ranch. I am not sure of the mileage but suspect its about 5+ miles of singletrack climb to the top w nearly 2000 ft of vertical... the CD Trail on top is double track and goes a long ways... The trail winds along the wilderness boundary but does not enter the wilderness area according to the guy who showed me the route...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts