Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took the camara this time for a ride. I've been going to do this for some while. Upstate NY on some land down the street. When the river freezes one can ride the many islands around the Mohawk River. The riding is tricky as the many ruts from 4 wheelers are filled with water. One often finds the handlebars at a 45Deg. angle to the frame while going straight trying to keep upright. If you see a flat spot, don't go there. Probably has a thin layer of ice followed by 6" or more of liquid water. Even at 0 degrees as the organic decay in the ground creates heat and keeps it from freezing vary thick. When you break through it, the water instantly freezes on your bike and clothes. You dab the foot and now the water overflows the boot. The pic with the stick in it has 3' of water below it. There is about 1" of ice on it. Outsiders who ride here are in for a surprize. Last year I fell into it. I mean into it. Muddy, stinky and cold. I sure am glad I had my Fox PUSHed. Those high speed frozen ruts are hard on a fork..at 3 miles per hour :rolleyes:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.