Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Binge Rider
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter has arrived here in the Motherland. Need some suggestions on winter gloves & shoes. I've been using my regular riding gloves but the coldness is getting through too easy into my fingers. I would like something medium weight but mainly won't loose feeling of the bars, levers, and shifters. The climate here is now wet & cold. Also any thoughts on booties? Don't really want to buy winter riding shoess; anyone using booties with any success? Thanks -

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
Spine Shank said:
Winter has arrived here in the Motherland. Need some suggestions on winter gloves & shoes. I've been using my regular riding gloves but the coldness is getting through too easy into my fingers. I would like something medium weight but mainly won't loose feeling of the bars, levers, and shifters. The climate here is now wet & cold. Also any thoughts on booties? Don't really want to buy winter riding shoess; anyone using booties with any success? Thanks -
I don't have any good recommendations on gloves - most of mine are mostly close-out purchases never to be seen again. But, for feet, I recommend a pair of smartwool socks under Gore-Tex socks. This does require you have enough room in your shoes for thick socks, but the Gore-Tex socks don't take up much room. This has been my staple winter footwear for several years, and I'm good to the mid teens, temperature-wise.

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=33958569&memberId=12500226

Kathy :^)

·
Binge Rider
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good but my cleats are a perfect fit using a cycling sock with not much room to bear. Are the wool socks any thicker than normal. I think they would be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts