Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was winter gear check day at Moon Lake....we had a steady 15mph wind....and low low temps for Late November. Nice size crew gathered to see how the gear kept them warm and protected. Denis, Joe, Glen, Jeff P, JSM, Lee, Tyler, Loren, Loren's son, Rich, Sean, and a couple of others who I didn't get their names. We split up into 3 groups to ride. The ground was well frozen providing light rolling resistance. Lee and his crew were spied with a leaf blower and saws cutting in some new stuff. We got to sample a brand new trail that skirted the disc golf course, nice! Appreciate the work that has been done to provide a great riding experience. Here are a few pics and Vids from the ride: One of the vids has some nice rock over and crash footage of a local legend sessioning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,470 Posts
Great to see...

...so many friends having so much fun on a 20 degree BITTER COLD day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must all have very warm hearts.:thumbsup:

Jeff thanks for always taking the time to share pics and vids, we love'em. I had to cut my ride a bit short due to work arrangements. Clif asked us to clear the lower field so when Chuck got there I had to go, but it was great to see you all again. See I don't even get to ride the Moon let alone Frances Slocum, Mt.Top or CDH... LOL And you know I really didn't want to ride that full suspension bike!

Glad you got to ride the new Buddy's trail that connects the Slide trail with the Nature Center road. Let me tell you when you saw us we were working on the all new "natural" dual slalom course. When done it is 8 feet wide and you can race your buds for beers & bragging rights. You can use a vehicle to do shuttles also. Should be fun. In the spring we plan to add some small top soil rollers in certain place for more thrills, but right now the top soil is frozen and we can't get it dug to bring it over there!

Like to say to two new guys I met today who were riding the mOOn "Hi" to Mike from Bedford and Eric from Stroudsburg. Glad you traveled to the mOOn for some riding. Next time give us a heads up and we will get you hooked up with a group to show you around a bit more! We'll see if we can add some heat also!

Keep visiting the mOOn lot's more to come!
RIDE RIDE RIDE

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's nice that every time Rich goes on a mountain bike ride he's generous enough to show everyone his "proper way to crash" techniques. As a bonus, he's also showing us which line NOT to take when riding over that big rock. Thanks, Rich!!

And thanks to Jeff for posting the pics and videos so that even when I'm not on a ride, I can feel like I was there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Great riding with the crew at Moon Lake..Rich, thanks for the demo..ended up riding Crystal Lake to Penobscot Mountain today...Quads have destroyed the singletrack and doubletrack to the point they are making bypasses to get around the scarred land...Climbed the abandoned fire tower and got some pics of the Mountain Top Area, Bear Creek,yoming Valley, and the Berwick power plant.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rich Crashing....and fire tower

KC....yes Rich has taken some good falls and always comes up smiling...I've added a couple of old favorites at the Tubs of Rich about to fall big time. The year was 2004! TricoFish..........nice shots from the tower.....must have been cold up there.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts