Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what arrived via UPS today!

'09 DWL Turner Sultan, L, Raw

Both my first 29er & my first Turner. A huge thanks to Alex at Cycle Progression in Austin, TX. Great to deal with, even with me currently living in MA.

I'm still in the process of assembling the build kit, but everything should be here by early Feb. if the I-9s arrive as expected. More details to be added here as the build progresses.

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Sweet......................I hope to get my new DW Sultan frame in the near future as well for my winter project ! Yeah , I'm very stoked..............from what I've been hearing the frame totally rocks ! :thumbsup: TIG.

·
Expert Crasher
6,359 Posts
Send it down here to me in Miami and I'll break it in for you!

I like the raw frame, my 08 Sultan is raw - don't know that I'd go with PC again, the raw is easy to maintain.

·
Registered
66 Posts
ecthelion said:
Look what arrived via UPS today!

'09 DWL Turner Sultan, L, Raw

Both my first 29er & my first Turner. A huge thanks to Alex at Cycle Progression in Austin, TX. Great to deal with, even with me currently living in MA.

I'm still in the process of assembling the build kit, but everything should be here by early Feb. if the I-9s arrive as expected. More details to be added here as the build progresses.
that bike really impressed me at the dirt demo, i know you will enjoy it. if you bring it down on one of your trips to austin i will take you on some great trails
alex

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I manage to get back to Austin with the bike, I'll have to take you up on the tourguide offer, Alex.

Anyway, as promised, some more details on the build kit in the photo below . . .

More to follow later.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Update . . . Build complete! 1st ride today, somewhere on Cape Cod. Build Specs:

Main purpose: Fun
Trail terrain: New England singletrack

Frame Size & Color: L, Raw
Rear Shock: Fox RP23
Fork: '09 Reba Team 120mm w/ Maxle Lite
Brakes: Hope Tech M4/Tech X2 183mm/160mm
Shifter: X.O Trigger
Cranks: Raceface Next Carbon
Front Derailleur: XTR
Rear Derailleur: X.O
Cables: Nokon
Pedals: Eggbeater SL
Stem: FSA OS-99
Handlebar: Raceface Next SL
Seatpost: Thompson Masterpiece
Saddle: Selle Italia Prolink Lite Gelflow
Bottom Bracket: Raceface X-Type
Chainrings: Raceface Team
Cassette: XTR 11-34
Headset: Cane Creek 110
Grips: ODI Rogue
Front Tire: Mountain King 2.2
Front Rim: Stan's Flow
Front Hub: I9 Enduro 20mm TA
Rear Tire: Mountain King 2.2
Rear Rim: Stan's Flow
Rear Hub: I9 Enduro 10 x 135

Future changes: Scrub Components Rotors, Ti Bolts, Joplin R?

Rider Setup
Weight: 155 lbs.
Height: 5' 10.5”

Build pics attached.

Attachments

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Looks great.......I've been very impressed with the new DW link rear suspension on my Sultan so far ( regardless what a few others have claimed I noticed the pedal mashing efficiency yet smooth compliant suspension quality right away) ! :thumbsup:

Hey , I dig your new Hope Tech brakes too ! ;) TIG.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GreenLightGo said:
Nice - looks like a reasonably light build. What did it end up weighing?
Just weighed it, 27.0 lbs. I was predicting 26.3 lbs. without sealant, so I'm pretty happy. I'll double check on a calibrated scale at work next week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.