Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Last week the trails at Winter Park Resort were closed during the Hill Climb due to snow and wet conditions. I went out for some extra miles after the Hill Climb Race up Rollins Pass Rd. Made it to roughly 10,200 ft before I got denied. The road was pretty wet in spots. Might be a bit better this weekend with all the warm temps. Maybe others have some better BETA.

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
I heard they are going to be open from about mid-mountain to the bottom. Maybe take the service roads down around 5 points and then hit trails from there?? Man all this snow sucks!

This from the web site . . . . kinda vague.

The 2008 bike park season draws near as the snow continues to melt and the crew is busy digging out trails from the epic winter. Trestle Bike Park will open June 21st with a couple trails ready to ride from mid-mountain to the base and at least one skills park. Keep an eye on the trails status page to find out exactly what we will have open to ride.

·
Registered
240 Posts
if you are going to gravity ride, not sure there will be a ton available at winter park. if you are an xc guy/gal.....there is a lot in the valley you can do. put in 22 miles and 2100' climbing. lots of trails in good shape i didn't even touch on the ride.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yup joelalamo45 is right. The bike park crew has been busting to get things to get lower trails in good early-season shape. Some mud and water but not too bad. Melt-out is cooking along so next weekend the park should be in even better shape. Remember, Olympia lift does not open for a few weeks so don't get caught on the back side unless you don't mind a climb.

Boot camp trail should be a blast with new features and re-shaped lower jumps. Keep a watch out for bike park stafff as we are beginning Crankworx CO slopestyle construction tomorrow.

Keep your eyes out on the mountain road down to 5 points for any traffic.

Finally, we will update the open trails status on trestlebikepark.com on Friday.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I rode the course for the next XC race and some adjacent trails today. Trails are excellent. Long trail especially. There is one mud bog along the RR tracks that I walked around. Got yelled at by a WP employee..."Mountain is closed...grrrrr...etc." The other 8 or so employees I ran into were nice and didn't yell.

·
killin clear creek
760 Posts
From what I can see from the highway I wouldn't drive too far to hit WP, there's snow down pretty low on the mountain. If you're heading to Grand county I'd head to Sol vista, it's in good shape now & all open.

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
TrestleBP said:
Yup joelalamo45 is right. The bike park crew has been busting to get things to get lower trails in good early-season shape. Some mud and water but not too bad. Melt-out is cooking along so next weekend the park should be in even better shape. Remember, Olympia lift does not open for a few weeks so don't get caught on the back side unless you don't mind a climb.

Boot camp trail should be a blast with new features and re-shaped lower jumps. Keep a watch out for bike park stafff as we are beginning Crankworx CO slopestyle construction tomorrow.

Keep your eyes out on the mountain road down to 5 points for any traffic.

Finally, we will update the open trails status on trestlebikepark.com on Friday.
Hey TrestleBP,

Will we be able to take the lower Pipe Cut from Five Points to The Boulevard? That's about the only "GRavity" riding I can see if the upper Mtn. is closed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.