Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try to head up to winter park for a couple of days with my son. He's 14 and is really starting to enjoy mountain biking. Got a few questions for some of you locals.

1. My sister lives in Denver, would it be better to stay with her and drive in or is it too far?

2. I've got a specialized stump. FSR comp, he's got a fisher hardtail, should we rent bikes or will these do for the park?

3. Is it worth the trip for intermediate riders? I grew up biking in Marin, so i've bombed plenty of fire roads, he's only ridden in and around Houston so up and down in the various bayous and the mild downhills at huntsville state park are his only experience. Would it be better just to stay in Denver and ride the trails there?

Thanks!
PC

·
Ask me how...
52 Posts
Hey PC,

WP +/- 1hr from Denver (depending on traffic and where in Denver your sister lives)

i live in denver and think the XC riding in WP/Fraser valley is pretty sweet, the bikes y'all have if you bring them would be fine.

WP also has the bike park for the more gravity set, i will defer to other in the forum about that..

have a great trip!
Cheers,
Q

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
You will be fine, WP is where my dad started me when I was 5 or so. Northwest Passage is a great starter trail. Flume is a great trail to learn on also. There is really a lot of great trails. Stop by Totally Wired in Fraser if you get a chance, they will point you in the right direction. As far as time goes from Denver 1 - 1.h hours depending on location

1 - 3 of 3 Posts