1 Day Ride $16

All Day $22

Season Pass $99

Advance Sale Products (Call Center & Web) Adult/Child

All Day Zephyr Express Bike Pass $17

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
I can't imagine buying a lift ticket there. Lots of great trails all over that are good for going up and down. That, and I tend to prefer linking trails into the valley for nice long days up there.

I only made it there once last year. Need to make it more times this year, I've got tons of great memories around WP.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Debaser said:
I can't imagine buying a lift ticket there. Lots of great trails all over that are good for going up and down. That, and I tend to prefer linking trails into the valley for nice long days up there.

I only made it there once last year. Need to make it more times this year, I've got tons of great memories around WP.
I've never ridden there, so I have no idea what the trails are like. I just thought $17 (advance) sounded like a pretty decent deal for an all day ticket.

I'll probably do some lift days with my wife as she isn't used to the climbing out here.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Jdub said:
I've never ridden there, so I have no idea what the trails are like. I just thought $17 (advance) sounded like a pretty decent deal for an all day ticket.

I'll probably do some lift days with my wife as she isn't used to the climbing out here.
Both of you are in luck - most of the valley trails are flat(er) than the front range. More short ups and downs, less steepness, but still plenty of super goodness.

We'll proabably camp there this summer a couple times, I'll give a heads up here, as I'm trying to give up this hermit thing I've been doing for a couple years!

·
Beer
124 Posts
There are lots of trails in the valley between Park and Fraser that would be friendly for your wife. I take my wife out there riding.

First race of the season, the Hill Climb is June 4th.

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
For $17

Debaser said:

I'll ride the lifts there a couple days this year - It's a long haul up to the top of Mtn Goat (not that I won't probly ride up there a couple times too), but to be able to do a bunch of runs down that and the dh run (which I bet gets some more stunts this year), I think it's totally worth it. I had a blast riding the lifts there last year. But scare ppl away if you want... :D

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
We need to get some WP/Keystone/Vail/Breck rides going this summer. And have it range from anything from the dh lift rides to the xc rides and riding up. :D Should be a sweet summer. :)

It is free though if you ride up right? :D

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Feldybikes said:
Anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor I heard that my winter season pass will work in the summer? I know that hasn't been the case in the past with Vail resorts.

Also, I saw this awhile ago:
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/news/?op=articleview&id=2444

Think WP will get better 'cause of it?
The sooner all the resorts see summer use as a cash cow the better - more places to ride, more trails.

Me: First and only day of dhing on a Kona at an interwest resort.

Attachments

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
Whats the better deal(not money wise, but riding wise), Paying $30 plus dollars on a single day lift ticket 4 or 5 times at Keystone or just scoring the WP pass?

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
I rode the lift up there last year. Just took the XC bike & full face/pads and it was a ton of fun. Lots of high speed jumps with nice transitioned landings. Some sweet berms too. Camping is really nice there too – right by the river.

Sometime it's just fun to do 10,000+ feet of descending on a XC bike all in one day. Not that I've ever done that at winter park - every time I go there I only get two runs in - I always flat or wreck a rim or something. Here is the only photo I got last time - farking rocks :mad:

Attachments

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
drum714 said:
Whats the better deal(not money wise, but riding wise), Paying $30 plus dollars on a single day lift ticket 4 or 5 times at Keystone or just scoring the WP pass?
Not much to challenge a DH bike at winter park.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
singletrack said:
Telluride: Free
Snowmass: $8
Silverton: $15
Winter Park: 90 minutes by car.
Keystone: 110 minutes by car.
Snomass: way further.
Silverton: ditto
Telly: ditto

Time is money.

Might be a little different time/money ratio from your zip code!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Debaser said:
It is a damned fine place to ride. It is a damned fine place to camp.
Where is a good place to camp up there ? The little misses requires a flush toilet and a place to plug in her blow dryer. The only place I've found that meets those criteria is the YMCA camp further north past WP like 20 miles.

I'm going to try racing the series there this year and am looking for a good campground.

Thanks !
Don

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
MyPC8MyBrain said:
Where is a good place to camp up there ? The little misses requires a flush toilet and a place to plug in her blow dryer. The only place I've found that meets those criteria is the YMCA camp further north past WP like 20 miles.

I'm going to try racing the series there this year and am looking for a good campground.

Thanks !
Don
That's a fun place to go. We used to do a little minifamily reunion up there every summer until a few years ago. Nice places, beautiful scenery and all sorts of things to do in the outdoors. Then my aunt built a house a half hour further north in Grand Lake. :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.