Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got back out west, need some reports of whats lookin good. I am basically equidistant from both WP and Keystone, so if you've been there recently holla.

·
Registered Jong
509 Posts
Is it me or does anybody else dislike winterpark to the max. That place is a joke. I rode keystone 3 days last week and would rather ride a blue there than go to wp. Its funny because we had to go to mojo down in denver me and a buddy were talking to the lady (Owner?) and she said the same thing, IT SUCKS. She said she had a customer come in who had ridden keystone a lot and decided to try winter park. The guy said he would not ride there if they payed him too. I am not that disliking of wp but to me the only reason to go to wp is to see crank works. Keystone rocks along with sol vista. Sol vista has pry some of the flowiest trails and nicest crew guys ever. I mean the guys there are TOP notch. Split time between keystone and solvista.

WP< Nebraska freeride park

·
Slopestyle Rider
2,448 Posts
Pistol2Ne said:
Is it me or does anybody else dislike winterpark to the max.
I feel the same way about Keystone... The only trail I like is Money and it's got it's flaws. For one, the berms at Keystone suck. Keeping the flow on Money is tough because the berms (when I was there) were chattery, washed out, you name it. I hate rock gardens and banging my bars between trees. I prefer flow trails, and Keystone lacks in that department.

My cup of tea is slopestyle, jump trails, and throwing tricks... so for guys like me, Keystone ain't all that.

Different strokes...

·
Registered Jong
509 Posts
joelalamo45 said:
I feel the same way about Keystone... The only trail I like is Money and it's got it's flaws. For one, the berms at Keystone suck. Keeping the flow on Money is tough because the berms (when I was there) were chattery, washed out, you name it. I hate rock gardens and banging my bars between trees. I prefer flow trails, and Keystone lacks in that department.

My cup of tea is slopestyle, jump trails, and throwing tricks... so for guys like me, Keystone ain't all that.

Different strokes...
Agreed I guess for me my cup of tea is deffinatly rocks and stuff where an 8 inch bike is deffinatly needed. I think one would classify keystone as a dh lift access and wp as freeride?

·
Slopestyle Rider
2,448 Posts
Pistol2Ne said:
I think one would classify keystone as a dh lift access and wp as freeride?
That's the angle they are going for (Freeride). I know that some gnarly DH runs are planned, but the main focus will be A-Line style trails. I mean, why try and out-Keystone, Keystone? Gravity Logic is helping out with the design, so I'm sure there will be trails that make everyone happy.

·
Registered Jong
509 Posts
joelalamo45 said:
That's the angle they are going for (Freeride). I know that some gnarly DH runs are planned, but the main focus will be A-Line style trails. I mean, why try and out-Keystone, Keystone? Gravity Logic is helping out with the design, so I'm sure there will be trails that make everyone happy.
I really hope so. I hope they do what they are saying. But history has proved to be the dertermining factor as of late considering that they were supposed to build (22?) new trails in the past three years. I hope they turn this park into a whistler but I don't see it happening because of there previous statements in the years past.

·
Slopestyle Rider
2,448 Posts
Pistol2Ne said:
I hope they turn this park into a whistler but I don't see it happening because of there previous statements in the years past.
It's really not the resort...the resort has set the cash aside to pimp it out... It's beetle kill and the forest service that have delayed things. The forest service has beetle kill to contend with and they don't seem to care as much about approving bike trails since the entire lodgepole pine population is dying. But I am with you that it's hard to buy into it until you start seeing some new trails...

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
I like WP for the jumps and flow. I like Keystone for the variety of trails and the techno factor. I have a season pass at WP this year so that's where I'll do the majority of my riding, but next year I'll probably buy a pass at both resorts.

·
Thunder Chunky
1,752 Posts
joelalamo45 said:
The forest service has beetle kill to contend with and they don't seem to care as much about approving bike trails since the entire lodgepole pine population is dying. But I am with you that it's hard to buy into it until you start seeing some new trails...
Hell I would have thought that they would love you cutting down some of the dead pines :confused: ...my prediction: this summer or next the mountains are going up in fire and the resorts are going to be boned. What else could happen with all those dead pines? They are everywhere, they arent just going to sit there and decay. At some time they are going to catch fire and its going to be an insane out of control fire...then the aspens are going to take over and colorado is going to be swarming with tourists in the fall because all of the mountains are going to be crazy colors lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.