Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Farva's #1
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to see the plans for Winter Park's future DH trails today. The trails were supposed to be approved in April, but of course it's behind schedule. Once the Forest Service gives the okay they will start digging.

Let me just say I think Sol Vista and Keystone should be worried. Finally!!!!!!! :madman:

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
OK, so in lieu of pics, you should at least give some more details... :nono: # and type of trails, ratings... Any estimates of how long b4 USFS approval and construction time? :thumbsup:

·
Farva's #1
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll get the stats as soon as I can. But I'm seeing at least two major trails similar to A-Line from top to bottom. Their plan is to make the new DH trails smooth and wide enough to ride around features.

The proposal was supposed to be approved this April. I heard Bob Holmes say as soon as they give the approval, construction will begin.

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
I hope the new trails are good. I've been going to WP for 4 years and it's largely been unchanged. I was there for 3 days last week longing for something new. Boulevard is fun, but is getting kind of old. The swoopy section that they added through the trees last year (?) is good - more of that please!

Are the new trails gonna start by the top of the second lift? Are there gonna be any new ones opening this season, or is this for next year?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.